Nerds Rope

I always estimate volume by filling a syringe with water and looking at the syringe after filling the mold to see how many ml it takes to fill the cavity.

2 Likes

You’ve gotta whip the eggs stiff. It’s how you make them fluffy ass pancakes. Real Belgian waffles too. Stiff like meringue.

2 Likes

I’ll gladly taste test :ok_hand:t2:

I got a Belgium waffle recipe that is as good as it gets too. Us poor kids learnt to make shit early so we can eat more than ramen noodles

9 Likes

:joy: watch we see a year from now Liquorice guns.

is 20g a good size for nerd rope?

3 Likes

I like this guy.

Twice as much knowing he runs a Woocommerce Wordpress site.

1 Like

Do the nerds stick, GOOD to the inside candy. I had to Google pics, looks like there are ropes and cakes. Are you guys sure that the inside are gummies?
That woul be an incredibly sticky gummy recipe. If you dispensed gummy juice out of a (any) gauged needle, that would end up A BLOB.

Everything I’ve seen is official nerds product sprayed and repackaged. Specifically in the DTLA area

I like control, but I hate spelunking in these rabbit holes. Woocommerce is enough for me.

It’s not in the recipe, it’s in the tek. Like killa melting his sugar before he does anything else, making sure it’s to temperature. That’s what it is about, manipulating temperatures.

A extruderless rope may b possible. This isn’t potato starch based airheads, this is simple gummies ripped in hard candy

1 Like

I get the offical Nerd on the outside. Those are not a good idea to mess with, the shapes vary in size, giving you a potency issue. I’m asking about the insides, I cant see it or buy it to know.
The wife and I are candy makers, oddly enough I’m not a candy eater.

That would need to be a very accurate temp then. Hmmm

Nahhhhh, just really cold nerds

1 Like

Funny guy

Would you be willing to make a gun? Or some type of tool?

1 Like

Here are some full ‘nerd rope’ slabs I made, pre cutting

I don’t know if I took any post cutting when I did ropes but. When I showed @CBNight what I was doing he made a batch and sent me this

7 Likes

That’s not too hard to accomplish. That looks like a one sided nerd coat, yea?

No both sides are coated, you can either heavy coat the bottom of a cookie sheet with nerds and freeze it then poor semi cooled gelatin mixture on. Or you can grease the cookie sheet and coat top side flip on to parchment and coat bottom

3 Likes

Now that sounds feasible. What about the sides? Are they typically coated to?

I typically leave those uncoated, I’ve had feedback of ‘too much nerds’ with out doing so
Edit:not that that was an overwhelming view. But fwiw I didn’t have any ‘not enough’ comments

1 Like