Need help please .

Hi. I have a few questions about “sause” ? I’m new to making concentrates maybe 6 months in. I dont have a fancy set up. I run open blast bho small batches I have a 3 gal vac. And a digital heating pad just so so know what I’m working with.
I have consistently achieved shatter with my setup and by using 3 hrs in dry ice before vac. (Crude witerization) I guess… but it removes a bunch of junk…
My question is I have ran across a batch that not matter what i do it WILL NO STABILIZE the best I’ve ever reached it a thick cold honey… smokes and smells really good just wont shatter up.
That being said I’ve been told to dry ice for 24 hrs then vacuum in a mason jar? Will create a sause? Not sure if I’m right

2 Likes

If it’s that fresh jar the oil and walk away for week or 2 , it’ll do it’s thing

Search for live resin

Under vacuum? What pressure?

In jar with the lid on it, light heat…if its that terpy no worries

1 Like

Can you elaborate just a little on the process please

Leave some butane in your oil and put in a mason jar. Let it evap until you can cap the jar. Will take some practice. Search up Only the strong tek.

some batches don’t stabilize. if there is trapped solvent or a high terp fraction it might not ever become stable. If this is for personal use, I find that consistency far better to deal with than shatter. If this is for sale, please make a New Year’s resolution to upgrade your gear. Open blasting is dangerous and you are important.

6 Likes

No for sale personal use and for friends and family . I prefer more stable because its easier to handle.

If it’s really terpy/live u don’t really need butane

The terps will do it all

1 Like

http://future4200.com/search?q=live+resin

I recommend Search results for 'sauce' - Future4200

@Idab916 suggests reading this opus: Only The Strong sauce tek

@StoneD is suggesting neglect-tek.

leave it.
as it is.
with a lid on it.

and then purge a little in a week or two.

1 Like

how do you actually remove this junk? do you filter?

dropping a jar of unpurged BHO is known to crash the THCA out, and is a part of many Diamond making rituals.

image poached from @Canna-Prive
in Only The Strong sauce tek - #1810 by Canna-Prive

If you’re removing the “junk” you may be tossing some of your baby out with that bath water…

please see: Coagulating fats vs Cold crashed thca

edit: and Only The Strong sauce tek really is a decent idea…

1 Like

Yes I run it threw a filter and toss. Starting to rethink that

1 Like

really depends how much solvent you have in there at that step.

given that you’re open blasting, that’s an open question.

the less solvent you’ve got in there, the more likely dry ice temps will drop out your target.

Do you have any feeling for how much of your initial solvent you have left when you go into dry-ice?