Need help making thca isolate

Looking to buy a spoon for making Thca isolate. Anyone available for a consult reach out. Thanks!

What solvent are you wanting to work with!? I have some options

1 Like

Right now using isobutane but open to post-processing techniques with heptane etc

1 Like

I’ll help you for free

Use pentane

9 Likes

Do you know how to make THcA isolate using pentane and a filter reactor?

1 Like

:100::100::100::100::100:

1 Like

Is it jacketed? Do you have ancillery equipment to heat/cool? More so just cool you can let temps naturally rise.

1 Like

Yes, we have a jacketed filter reactor. And a heater/chiller capable of diverse range of temps.

We tried at first to crash out but the solution was too saturated.

Then we tried using a 1:1, but solution just turned into Karo-like consistency.

When we drain the filter reactor, there’s nice diamonds/powdered isolate on the side walls, none in solution though.

We tried Jimmy’s Isolation SOP, where he advises 2:1 solvent to solute ratio when he did for CBD isolate with no luck.

2 Likes

Tbh im not 100P familair with karo but which of their products would you say it looks like? Or do you have a visual representation? Often times when i have something crash on the walls before formation is because there is more solvent than needed and the formations occured from slight movement/during the reduction of solvent.

I havnt used a secondary solvent(or rediluted the same) in years to be frank but if you wanna share a picture and its something i encoutered before i may have something to add. Also how is the material you are crashing? If you could share a pic before its diluted/how it looks after dilution it would put a lot of us in the right direction. Could also be a pre processing issue :man_shrugging:. No clue to be frank

O and id step away from iso butane. Use purely N if your going to use butane. Iso has a boiling point of a 20 degree diff than the other. Generally you want something with a higher boiling point. Also a lil curious of your reactors what pressures can they withstand? I had to build a custom stainless one years ago for it properly work with butane as most cant handle pressures

That sounds backwards…

If no crash == not yet saturated enough.

Presumably you’ve hired help. probably still worth wrapping your head around the problem…

Nothing drops out of solution until you are oversaturated…

If you’re not part of the solution, you’re part of the precipitate…

You want crystals, they are by definition not “in the solution”.

Continue evaporating…

3 Likes