Need gummy recipe (recipe inside)

Microwave magic :clap:

1 Like

@MillerliteRN @raghanded @YYCMMJ

Any idea as to why there’s concentrated color in these freshly poured bears? Both the gelatin and the sugar mix were crystal clear before I mixed the two. Only thing I did after using an electric hand mixer to blend the two was add my flavor (12 drops), color(2 drops), and citric acid (1/2 teaspoon). Also, the bubbles aren’t horrible.

Use the mixer after all the ingredients are in the mix.

3 Likes

Actually did but maybe not long enough or maybe the final mix didnt take the color well due to something? How long do you normally mix? I did for about 1 minute on the highest setting

Iv never timed myself on the mixing, I do know its longer than 1 min. But not much longer. I use the mixer twice in my processing. Prior to the gelatin setting up, and after heating and everything is in the mix. Prolly 4 min total, 2min each time.

1 Like

No sous vide soak for your gelatin after blooming?

Try using a spatula, and do it by hand. My typical recipe makes 440 x 3.4g gummies.

So a double recipe, and by hand is just all round simpler/easier/less waste imo. I have tried using the wand several times, I never liked the outcome of the end product.

From the minute I consider making gummies, to being done cleaning up, it takes me 50 minutes… I do pre make a bunch of bloomed gelatin, so I just need a simple reheat of that.

3 Likes

@MillerliteRN @YYCMMJ

So, Im gonna go back to the drawing board. I’ll report back in an hr or so, boys

Nope!

1 Like

Does this mean what I think it means!? You bloom and then hit it with the mixer, then throw it in with the syrup after you’ve got it all mixed and uniform? After that you throw them both in the microwave (unmixed) and let the microwave melt them both down?

Would kill to hear what your actually SOPs are

2 Likes

Short and sweet…
Weigh all ingredients…put all ingredients into bowl(except cannabinoids and potassium sorbate) mix with stick blender for a couple of minutes. Let bowl set atleast 20 min at ROOM TEMPERATURE…iv had them set on the counter 1.5 hours no biggie…pop in microwave (this is where the type of bowl, or how big of a batch your doing will change the HOW LONG) 1 minute…remove stirring with spatula (you mixing the heat around at this point) back into microwave for 1 min…repeat these steps untill the mix reaches 120 F…add cannabinoids and potassium sorbate mix with stick blender for a couple of minutes…into ketchup bottles…into sous vide @ 120 F…mold

The cannabinoids are mixed in PG…with hotplate…prior to doing any of the steps above

If your mixing a small batch, go with 30sec burst in the microwave. You can always add another 30 sec. But you can never take them back.

8 Likes

Holy efficiency. Sounds like it takes about 30 min total.

So gelatin (once its bloomed), sugar, syrup and potassium sorbate (all together after heated and mixed) in the microwave until 120 F?

2 Likes

I would suggest reading :point_up_2: one more time. ALL ingredients (except cannabinoids and sorbate) into bowl…mix with blender…let this mix bloom for 20min…microwave…120f…add the cannabinoids and sorbate…mix again with blender… then into molds

Edit…make sure your water is room temperature before adding to mix

7 Likes

Yes, that is correct. We do 4 bowls at a time. Thats 4800 small bears, to me.
2 peeps working the process.

6 Likes

RESPECT :fist:

2 Likes

I’m gonna get @MillerliteRN on speed dial when I make my gummies. Hope he doesnt block my number.
Lol

Sous vide on it’s way, and squeeze bottles.

5 Likes

Another thing I found the hard way. When you add your cannabinoids and carrier oil into the mix, add them to one side of the bowl and start your mixing from the opposite side. This prevents the stick blender from getting coated with the good stuff, resulting in less good stuff in your final product.

8 Likes

I took inventory today, looks like I need to go around town to restock my supply.

4 Likes

You can’t find a box of knox at any local grocery store around me, and every time I order from amazon the delivery date is further out.

1 Like