Need gummy recipe (recipe inside)

I’ll have to look into that

Im using 4:1 gelatin to pectin. Theres no specifc reason why im using that ratio. I was orignally using 250 bloom gelatin only, but the final product was a tad too chewy. Adding slow-setting HM Pectin created that extra bite I needed.

As far as the lecithin application, it hasnt really made any noticeable difference in my gummy. I havent had any oil break out of solution, but this could be due to my other issue; my gummies are setting too quickly. At about 180F I can start to tell that my gummy solution begin to set (so much for slow setting). Its annoying that I can no longer use the ketchup bottle method. Im having to pour the gummy solution onto my mold and slather it across, which is not going to be feasible due to all the waste it leaves on the mold’s edges and in half filled spaces.If anyone has some insight to share on why this could be happening that would be GREAT!

3 Likes

Did it help activate the THC/CBD?

Wow! 180F and you can’t use ketchup bottles. 180F is too hot to hold in your bare hands. And your batter is setting up. Do your cement yummies break teeth?

3 Likes

I’m also surprised why its setting so quickly. Though they arent coming out hard, at all. I would say Ive got the recipe down if it werent for it setting so quickly.

3 Likes

I do 1lb albaneses. 3 packets of gelatin bloomed in 1/2 cup of water and 1/8 cup of maltodextrin and they turn out pretty good

3 Likes

I work with Pacific Pectin, which grade are you using? That can drastically impact your setting time.

Im using HM100. Emailed with a Todd that works there who filled me in that it needs a citric acid component in order to fully set! It worked!

1 Like

Over 65 flavs now. Classic reading all the posts.

You should use free-range Vegans…just make sure you wash them thoroughly after capture.

5 Likes

If you just shave them, you save on de lousing, and they’re easier to spot if they escape :joy::shushing_face:

2 Likes

Do you care to elaborate how to pann by hand? Iv been wanting to try this prior to investing in a panning machine.

1 Like

Do you use the hotplates for the sugar mix? Instead of the sous vide? Thanks!

yes so 1 large batch of gelatin mix can be made…one large batch of sugar mix can be made.

Kept at a constant temp… Weight each part and combine for each flavor.

This way you can just take make multiple flavors at one but only combine the ingredients when you want to flavor and mold the batch.

4 Likes

Here’s my first batch! Sour Strawberry.

Had to make an account to thank you guys for all the gummy knowledge.

I should have had faith and put some distillate in there, but I wanted to make sure it would work :smiley:

11 Likes

Get in touch with the people at AEP Colloids. They’re the plug for pectin. Check your pH at every stage unless you’re using a low methoxyl pectin, or check all your input components pH and use the Henderson-Hasselbalch method to determine a baseline, you can work backwards from there, some of the ingredients you’re using will act as buffers but if you know ingredient ratios and are willing to experiment a little bit to determine which ingredients are affecting your pH adjustments its a lot easier to standardize your end product. Pectin is super finicky

3 Likes

Awesome, I will start digging into PH levels! Thanks!

Why is it necessary to bloom the gelatin first for half hour and then another half hour in the sous vide? Couldn’t we skip that first step of separate blooming?

Is that first step of blooming done in a bag (the one going into the sous vide) or is it done in an open bowl and then once bloomed you put it in the Ziploc?

Double post, oops.

So I have little patches on my gummies where the coating sugar didn’t want to stick too well. Is this cause I had a bit too much starch on my molds? Should I try without the starch or will it be a nightmare to release them without it?