Need gummy recipe (recipe inside)

That is for the heads up. I was also gonna mix them up with some citric acid for a zing.

I also need to do some math so I get my count/potency correct with my new molds.

And get the volume (ml) of the gummy bears and see what the ratio is to my molds.

@Killa12345
How much more gelatin do you think I need to add to albanese gummies?

My bulk gelatin finally landed this am.

1 Like

I have no clue. I tried the melt down method and it didn’t meet my desired quality. So then I tried from scratch and dialed in the recipe for the desired taste and texture I was looking for.

Sorry I can’t be more of a help. When I melted the haribo gummies, they stayed soft sorta like melted gummies in the summer…you can still eat them but they are less than desirable

2 Likes

Move them out of the kifchen, and replace them with equal parts serbian gummies.

3 Likes

My buddy just melts the Albanese gummies and they were plenty chewy, not melty at all.

1 Like

I just did a test run of 5 albanese gummies melted into my molds.

Like @Killa12345 mentions above, one needs to add a little gelatin to the mix. Once the gummies were removed from the freezer and molds, they held their shape until back to room temp. Then were too gooey to handle and lost their shape.

Zero pan release spray, zero corn starch. Freezer only used to solidify and lock in the new mold shape.
I did roll in some citric acid, still was too gooey to hold a consistent shape.

A few more tweaks and I’m sure I can come up with a viable sop.

1 Like

Mmmmm…Cannadian maple leafs. Nice choice of mould.
cannada

4 Likes

I may give this recipe a try this week after harvest on Wednesday. W/o thc. Just to see how it goes.

@Killa12345
I know I just sent ya a dm about the hard candy recipe. It’s not showing up on my page.

Any idea how to stop the hard candy from looking like this after 3 or 4 months?

These were translucent a month ago.

1 Like

Inert Atmosphere sealed in the packaging.

5 Likes

So I am about to make some gummies for the first time. I don’t have any more wax b like I like to use so I’m gonna use distillate.

Here is my question.

Do any of you use terpenes in your gummies to give it that mild weed flavor? I would use cannaterps

If so, what ratio are you using? I don’t want to burn a batch because I over do it

1 Like

why would you want your gummies to taste like weed? I think thats the opposite of what we are trying to accomplish.

8 Likes

I’m with killa on this one. However , I do prefer a slight flower taste in my caramels. The two flavors pair very well together.

3 Likes

mise en place baby

I have tried using terps in gummies, did not like the taste at all personally. Only tried with pineapple and orange though… maybe a different flavor would be ok.

2 Likes

Ok, so one thing that blew my mind was when @terpenescali gave me hard candies that he infused terped distillate into. They were some of the best edibles I have ever tasted. I dislike the bitter medicine taste pure thc has, and was pleasantly surprised when adding hemp terps to a ghirardelli brownie

Im not sure what flavor the hard candies were, and I have tasted some candies with terps that were ass. Im not sure how that all works, because edibles aint my thing

1 Like

Fair enough. I just like a very very light weed taste to my edibles to remind me that I’m eating weed and to be careful! Or for someone who happens upon them knows after first bite that it’s not a regular gummy. I have accidentally crazy dosed people when making disty edibles and if they had tasted weed they would not have mowed through 2 brownies. Was not cool.

So maybe not for gummies, but I know weed flavor goes GREAT with chocolate and now I’m hearing caramel ;).

2 Likes

I’m thinkin to try it with 3% cannaterps. Too much of even cannaterps would taste like chemicals I’d imagine. @raghanded at what ratio we’re you mixing your terps into your disty that you would use?

It was with CBD isolate not distillate. Used about .025ml in a 5000gm batch.

1 Like

We did 1000 mg gummies and they tasted horrible.

2 Likes