Need gummy recipe (recipe inside)

How did that work with the hot plate and magnetic stirrers?

2 Likes

We use the hot plate to dissolve the disty into PG…after that…the PG is added into our mix…we use a SUBMERSIBLE BLENDER right into the bowl…works like a champ…
Submersible blenders are very good homogenizers for MCT oil and PG…

2 Likes

At what point do you transfer the mixture to the bottles and how do you achieve that without a bunch of waste?? Anyone have a SOP for the ketchup bottle tek?? Thnks

1 Like

Two sets of hands help at that point. But it can be done by one person, if you can stabilize the empty bottle as you pour
The answer to your question is simply a FUNNEL!!! The funnel needs to be big enough not to over fill, spilling the goods.
Fill the bottles up as soon as your done mixing.
Iv already have most of this SOP written. We were in the middle of writting all of our SOPs for our company’s GMP manual, before the virus took hold. I will be doing anothe run of gummies later this week, I’ll take photos of each step.

6 Likes

i havent been able to use them yet as this is a legit kitchen not some home project like im use to. The virus threw a curve ball into the equation but personally i dont care. ive all but cut sugar out of my diet and really havent felt the need to break it for medicated gummies lately. I did buy the hot plates before i was asked to help with this project because they are massive and my current chinese hot plate cant decarb so hopefully these new ones can help with that.

Thanks for the input, bro.
Ketchup bottles en route,
Along with sous vide…

Thanks to everyone contributing
To this open source guide.
Gummies turned out Killa. easy as 1 2
3 4 5

3.5g decarbed shatter- general response
Gummies are delicious but not quite the desired (avg cust) strength

Gonna run 10g per batch
Next time

3 Likes

Also gonna try a silicone collapsible funnel I found on amazon… will report back With a review on all items purchased for the gummy sop

1 Like

what is the calculated potency?

ie how many gummies did you split that 3500mg x ~75% = 2600mg THC into?

what would be the potency if you’d used 10g of shatter?

If he is using the killa recipe and the standard cube amazon trays and running a single batch then they produce roughly 200 gummies.

(assuming 75% thc)
3500/200x.75=13.125mg per gummy

10,000/200x.75=37.5mg per gummy

4 Likes

yeah, but we knew you could do that math…

the point is everybody making edibles should be in the habit of doing that calculation.

given you’re guesstimating, dropping everything after the decimal is appropriate.

doing the math before hand makes for less drama/disappointment. I don’t care what you do if you’re the only one you’re dosing, but as soon as you get others involved, you should do some math before you start bioassays.

9 Likes

I couldn’t agree more!!

I only make edibles from oil I know the exact content of. Even my CBD gummies are accurately dosed. But I do have the convenience of using an hplc at work so i know i’m not the average person throwing together a bunch of gummies and giving potentially dangerous and overwhelming effects to unexpected users.

I also keep my thc gummies at 10mg or below for safer dosing and its always easy to eat more gummies to increase the effects, you cant un eat a gummy lol.

I do think its very important to make sure people are making safe choices and not putting people at risk and if you plan to share you better know whats in them. Thank you for bringing up that point @cyclopath

5 Likes

I agree with you both and did the math beforehand, I think the gummies are perfect. I’ve definitely overdosed some folks before and still feel bad to this day… I gotta make my heads happy too and most of em don’t wanna eat a bunch of gummies. Just wanna have an optional heavy dose

2 Likes

make lots of doses… i make a 5mg THC, 10 mg THC plus 10 mg CBD, 15mg THC, 20mg CBD, 50mg THC, 40mg CBG.

i like the 10&10 the best out of those. but depending on the market, they all sell well.

edit: addition

7 Likes

I tired a new setup last night. low budget heated water bath with overhead stirrer. Lol

It worked great until it decided to cool on me and make a sticky mess. I think the mixer tool I used spread the mixture up to much and fluffed it up.

Next time I will use a different attachment to mix and I think it will work great!

2 Likes

i was chatting will @El_Z and he found this crazy kitchen aid bowl attachment as well. I cant find on in Canada anywhere, and all the US places i located one, wont send to me :frowning:

Heated KitchenAid Bowl

i bet the dough attachment would do well… want the paddle along the edge though as well.

3 Likes

That heated mixing bowl is exactly what inspired me to just drop my whole mixer in the sink lol. it would have been nice to have heat all the way to the top of the bowl like the heated bowl from kitchen aid. I used my mixing paddle with the silicone edge scraper and i think its what caused it to get so fluffy.

1 Like

yah for sure, lots of air created. i am sure kitchen aid has a spatula only mixer as well… how did they turn out though with all that air? i new type of texture?

I had to scrap over half the batch as it just wouldnt melt back down enough to flow easily into the molds. it was an additional 2 hours of frustration. But now I have a few large chunks of gummies to snack on.

1 Like

I was worried my Submersible stick blinder would turn out that fluffy…but it did not, I left the blinder submerged and did not chop the top.

2 Likes

Thank you for the tip! is it one of those standard kitchen hand held blenders?