Need gummy recipe (recipe inside)

this may be a stupid question. Do some people just inject the medicine into a gummie instead of mixing it. I read unless you use a homogenizer you can’t really guarantee dosing consistency. I don’t have a homogenizer. I have a magnetic stirrer.

i add the meds just before the gelatin… stir in meds slowly, grab a bit from the ‘glob’ each time… u can tell it getting mixed in.
id say i’m mixing with meds in for at least 8-10 min… (cooling from 149 down to 122)… then add in the three low temp ingredients…

i picture the meds like the coloring and flavoring… it all mixes in… i dont find one gumming have MORE flavor then another… or one more colorful… but then again, i havent spotted tested any thing with analytical equipment.

the larger the batch, the more mixing is required.

5 Likes

do i need to add mct to the d8 distillate? If the gummy ingredients are going to be heated to 150, can i just measure out a glob of 100% d8 distillate? As opposed to mixing with mct prior to gummy procedure…

i dont add MCT oil to anything. if i was doing this commercially… maaaybe at that scale.

and ya, that is what i do. see glob

that is a 3.3gram for the recipe above. approx 15mg per candy (thanks @Killa12345 again for the epic repice)

i also have made candies with D8, Full spectrum 20mg CBD (could taste weed in those) and 20mg CBG Isolate (gets a pep in your step, caffeine like…).

3 Likes

thanks…will be making d8, but i want them to have a kick to them…

1 Like

I was gonna ask recipe in detail, but by the time I got to the end of the paragraph, I thought better :zipper_mouth_face:

It’s quite detailed in this thread.

Ive had great success with it, I’ve made approx 50000 gummies at this scale. 400 takes approx 2 hrs for me throughout the day. Each step is approx 30 I do, not a 2hr chunk.

A double recipe can be an issue if your temps get out of control.

4 Likes

Did you ever figure this out, our formulation arm is headed up by 1 of 12 hydrocolloid experts in the US. She can R&D anything shelf stable that you need :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Big shoutout to this thread and everyone that has put in their input. I got hooked and made a few batches this weekend!

One trick I found that helps a lot is to pre heat your distillate before mixing it into the batch.

I also read that some people were having a slightly bitter taste with cbd. I’m not sure if you were using isolate or distillate but I used some cbd distillate and made some 35mg cbd gummies and the taste was unnoticeable.

My favorites are the orange flavored ones with:
10mg thc 9
16mg cbd
1mg cbg
0.9mg cbn
2.7mg cbc
I have stopped doing dabs and am now strictly eating gummies until this pandemic is over.

12 Likes

Here is a picture of each step from @Killa12345 recipe.

I used a ziplock bag to bloom my gelatin then a quart sized zip lock bag with a tiny cut in the corner to pour. It works well enough but a confectionary funnel would have been better.

15 Likes

very sensible response…unless huffing cannabinoids helps…which imo is unlikely… and should fall out of the data analysis once we get around to looking.

2 Likes

i just eat the distillate…i dont need to rot my teeth out eating 40 gummies a day. :rofl: :joy: Still making the gummies but eating less of them.

4 Likes

gotta get on the stevia sweetened train

That is right where I am at. I was sick of eating so much sugar or just eating when I didnt want to. Throw the disty or crude in an empty capsule and thats it. On to my next task. No need to smell like a skunk or try to hide somewhere to smoke something, or feel that sugar coating on my teeth all day because I cannot brush my teeth until I get home. That is the true meaning of keep it simple. Just eat it and be done with it.

3 Likes

Anyone have a shopping list made from where they got the best deals on bulk ingredients?

Following chefsteps (recommended by killa) with the modifications killa recommended

I have one in my head, when I get time maybe I’ll get links and toss it up here

2 Likes

Thanks! Has anyone 10x this chefs step recipe that killa recommended, at once? If not, what’s the biggest batch someone has done?

1 Like

i’ve quadrupled it… its faster to make 4 from separate if you dont have a good kettle.

1 Like

Read your thread man…you will get your answer…

i bought a few 2 gallon magnetic hot plates to help a friend with some large batches of CBD ones. I think me and @Badcookieextracts figured it each hot plate would be able to hold 8-9 batches at once and keep the heat at a nice constant temp.

2 Likes