Need gummy recipe (recipe inside)

Using the MCT oil, the last few gummies I poured defiantly had a separate layer. 600 bear recipe, the last 10-20 had this. All 600 of the gummies had MCT oil that you could squeeze out, days…weeks…months later. just my tech i guess, but I can pump 600 bears out every 30min by hand and PG works for me.

That sounds bizarre. I’d be curious what your formula was and what % of it was MCT.

84g Gelatin
10g citric acid
342g corn syrup
320g H2O
3cc mold inhibitor
4 packs of the 79g Jolly Rancher
20cc MCT (we use 20cc PG now) with your distillate

makes 600 small bears

6 Likes

That is a reasonable amount of MCT for the total weight you are going for. Not sure why you would experience separation at those levels except for improper formulation / cooking. If you’re using a microwave for cooking, you’re not going to get a consistent candy. I suggest monitoring your temps throughout the process… very important.

I will disagree with you on the “microwave not producing a consistent candy”. Its called trial and error and figuring out your microwave. But several short 30 sec bursts in my microwave do it for me. When I pull all the materials out to do gummies, I usualy do around 14000 bears. I cant tell you how many runs iv done, because I have no clue myself, but its well over (a lot) now. Its not the microwave that causes inconsistencies for me, its the human filling the molds. Therefore I have to do that job myself. I will be doing two runs over the next two weeks and I have two new toys to play with. I will give the MCT oil another go on a quarter size recipe, just to see if its my mixing. But Im confident PG mixes more efficiently in this product. We make a lot of different candies and this one is the only one i have been able to incorporate the microwave as the only heating source (besides my hot plate / magnet). Man Im the boss that carries a lazer temp gun on his belt. My wife has to preform new recipes in front of me two, three maybe four times before I say “stop this is the step we add canabinoids” . She (and I) hate working TOGETHER with high risk candies “rock candy, caramel”. She calls me the temperature Nazi. My helpers make facial expressions when I tell them we are making Rock Candy, they know they are in for a day “wait wait wait…now…hurry hurry hurry hurry hurry”

7 Likes

So its this the official Killa Gummy recipe based on endouvers from this thread/previous experience ? :smiley:

Gonna have to start buying some ingredients

I give all credit to @loudgardens. He’s the first one that shared that recipe with me. I just tweaked it.

11 Likes

looking forward to try gummies, think that more for me! my rock candy endovours have not went to well, got to sticky when i used mold and i insisted that my customers got same dosage, but i failed at that, but gave up quickly also, often because i dont have space, so i fucking clean and clean my appartment all the time, vacuuming the walls and all lol
Thanks @loudgardens @Killa12345 hope to get elaborated somethin if i need to

i should have david blow me a closed of bowl with a joint attachment on the bottom like normal rotoflask, for putting on coating, attach it to the rotovape motor upside down and go

basicly like the kitchen aid attachment.

3 Likes

I already ordered and confirmed a Coating panner with david as i write this lol with attachment to re-501

Guess i definitely will be making some gummies

thats a backwards roto flask :crazy_face::rofl:

good lookin’, wanna come home ‘see my custom laboratory glass candy coating rotopanner’ not the only thing spinning ya know…

2 Likes

now we just need an updated list of great flavour profiles/brands

im definitely one for harder gummies also, malarco soft ones are nice tho.

Hahaha… I kinda want one of the roto coaters

1 Like

i will post video when i get it after chinese new year :crazy_face: , sure can be made to fit all roto vape joints, had to fight him a little to make it :smiley: , but was also sure he might get an order on a few more so made it will be and hes r/d endeavour wont be a one timer :slight_smile:

Kitchen aid attachment 650$ on sale, not to mention the kitchen aid machine.

1 Like

Yeah, let me know how it works for you I’ll probably buy one tbh

1 Like

I’ll post my list of vetted, quality checked flavors when I get back home. In the meantime here is a picture of the current ‘approved’ flavors

7 Likes

looks sound :ok_hand: and that sounds good :call_me_hand::call_me_hand:

thxthx

1 Like

I had to do a prototype before 3D print or find a welder. Worked good. I knew the ‘wood’ portion would fail. Worked well for like $31.24 Canadian in random pieces around the house.

12 Likes

damn macgyvor. lol

6 Likes

What is this for? Is it for coating the gummies, or…

4 Likes

YYCMMJ that looks awesome!!! Why are you using the wood? I used to spin Keef with something similar , why not remove everything up to the nut and chuck it up in a corded drill. Find you a C clamp to adjust the speed. I wish I had the time to still do those types of projects, but I could never of done that goodajob…hats of to you…

1 Like

A lot of great advice on recipes but no one is saying anything about the main ingredient… the flower.

Am I best making canna butter for the gummy mix, if so how much is needed to make a bag of large gummies with a potency of 40mg-50mg a piece? Or do the gummies taste better or have more potency using something else? (UK based so no access to distillate/cheap legal flower)…