Need gummy recipe (recipe inside)

I like using the dehydrator.

4 Likes

No…a fine film of ice forms around them…very quickly…yielding the very opposite effect you desire.

6 Likes

Yep, nothing is drying right if your environment is too wet. Refrigerators have a high humidity level as well which is why I advise against cooling in a walk in or anything similar if you’re looking for long shelf life. If you are doing personal or small batch refrigerator is the way to go.

4 Likes

The 8 shelf’s in the freeze dryer would have been awfully damn convenient.

I wonder if i can run it without vacuum and stick a fan in there. :thinking:

Coming soon to a youtube near you: ‘voiding your freezer dryer warranty for fun and profit’

1 Like

This is what they look like frozen. That is ice … not a sugar coating.
An irregular batch I made, in an irregular way. Think God these are for me, I can keep them in the freezer and take out, what I need on a weekly basis. :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

…and you’re just being a chef?

sorry you find this place confusing, but lashing out isn’t a good look.

@MillerliteRN actually won MoM for his untiring assistance in the gummy field…Member of the Month(s).. Don't Vote in this thread, it's the other

5 Likes

I’d try using filtrate like I did with the popsicles, but I definitely like the idea of novel ways to consume irregular things

2 Likes

I’ve only had failure batches so far, so this question may be short sighted.

Do i need some kind of coating to act as a mold release? Or, should the gummies, if properly formulated and dried, come out of their cavities easily? Or, both?

1 Like

Use some liquid nitrogen, smash and incorporate into some sherbert.

5 Likes

I’ve done smoothies with success; strawberry, banana, milk, frozen yogurt, and the special ingredient

2 Likes

This is a very funny thing that happened… as you know …I’m a hard ass when it comes to strict procedures…vields reliable products that “ain’t” going to kill anybody… :+1:
As I poured that test batch…I looked down and noticed a full syringe of mold inhibitor… :hot_face:

3 Likes

No need to coat your molds

3 Likes

Don’t worry, I’ll eat ‘em before they go bad :heart:

3 Likes

What material are your molds? Mine are teflon coated aluminum and do require some oiling to properly eject inline.

3 Likes

He dont have what your working with…lol

2 Likes

Silicone, square cavity sheet pan size.

I fucked up my recipe pretty bad (having not done gummies in forever), and it was more like, um, chewing gum? Weird and unsalvageable batch.

3 Likes

Yeah @MillerliteRN is right you shouldn’t really need any oiling with silicone but it wouldn’t hurt as insurance if you’re still figuring out your formula and just want to be able to salvage the run.

3 Likes

@MillerliteRN where do you source your jolly rancher gelatin from?

1 Like

Walmart and Kroger…trying to better that purchase point…if I cant, i plan on doing things slightly different in the Future.

2 Likes

I was afraid of that; it’s not available locally and I have yet to find a distributor I can order from :-1:. I’d order a god damned pallet if that’s what it took