Need gummy recipe (recipe inside)

Is 2 teaspoons per 5# of finished product for loranns.

Cross multiple.

One question that I haven’t seen thoroughly answered on this thread. When does the homogenizer come in? At the end before placed into the bottles? I want the most accurate dosing possible

When would the homogenizer make the most sense? My thought would be after all ingredients are added before placing in molds…

4 Likes

FYI: you can search keywords within a thread…

https://future4200.com/search?q=homogenize%20topic%3A61840

2 Likes

Thanks boss forgot about that lol

if you dilute your extract with a little MCT (1:1 up to 5:1) and homogenize that, it is a lot easier to get the goodies well dispersed in your gummies.

an immersion blender does well for the diluted extract into gummy mix (thanks @MillerliteRN)…the right weapon for getting the extract into the MCT depends on scale, budget, and regulatory environment. you can get the job done with a dab tool if you’re playing with a couple of grams for personal consumption. for larger amounts you can use an oster blender. see: Biomass Grinding at various scales? - #22 by cyclopath. or a high shear homogenizer.

if you’ve got money to burn & are aiming at cGMP then dual axis centrifuge is a really fun toy…Homogenizer temp settings - #6 by cyclopath

3 Likes

You might wanna ask @qma this question as I think he trashed a homogenizer tip making gummies.

That was going to be my next question. Wouldnt it make sense to homogenize the whole mixture once the distillate is added? So it’s dispersed evenly throughout the whole mixture, But like you said it messed up a probe.

That’s bad ass, that you know of the slurry. That was my second biggest gamechanger in that adventure. Why not just use the normal blinder container here? The slurry setup would work with my microwave tech, removing the band and blade…I have several blades I might give it a try but one quart at a time seems daunting.

Did he trash the cat scientific one? They keep telling me that their drives keep on breaking because of gummies

you would have to ask him but i remember him being upset that day. id imagine it was the Cat scientific one but i think that was the first run of gummies and last run he made as it wasnt a good experience…

@cyclopath I think I miss read your last post. Your suggesting the slurry setup, to mix the solvent and disty? Not the gummy mix?
Does this work better than hot plate?
I think I see a few advantages if that’s the case.

Edit…even on low to mid scale volume

slurry setup? now I’m confused :wink:

the dual asymmetric centrifuge can melt your store bought gummies for you and homogenize your distillate into the resulting goo.

Biomass Grinding at various scales? - #22 by cyclopath I read more of that thread…ok it’s @Soxhlet slurry post…that’s what that setup is named in the myco world. And
Are you suggesting your photos of jars and blenders mixes disty and solvents???

@Soxhlet we need to get a 3d printer owner… to print large mouth oyster bases( only available is the small).then a glass company to produce gallon and 2 gallon jars to fit… there you go instant gig…

2 Likes

I don’t homogenize the whole thing together. I heat up water on a hotplate stirrer, add citric acid and mold inhibitor, then add emulsifier, hit it with the Polytron and put it back on the stirplate. After that I add extract and stir for a while. From there it goes to the Polytron again for a rough emulsion and the on to the sonicator for homogenization. From there it goes into the pan and the rest of the ingredients are added. I get a good result this way. I don’t use them squeeze bottles anymore either. A candy funnel is way faster.

2 Likes

could make the plastic insert receive the small blender base, you want one? I have a printer and a small blender base.Also, what plastic do you want it made from? Could also do aluminum.

3 Likes

nah. CNC machine them from billet Alu…
Screen Shot 2020-05-05 at 8.33.18 AM

(the early Oster bases were cast Alu)

3 Likes

wow thanks for reminding me. now cat is out of business too. :man_facepalming: no spares left

1 Like

Hey I see you have Knox gelatin powder is this what everyone is using? I tried the recipe with the reccomended weights but used Knox gelatin and found it was far too high of a gelatin to water ratio based on other recipes I’ve used in the past