Need gummy recipe (recipe inside)

I’ve seen maltodextrin blended with warm extract. I’m still of the opinion that cutting it to reduce viscosity first is worth the effort. It’s not strictly speaking necessary. I suspect it helps with bioavailability too.

3 Likes

I’ve had luck freezing the distillate first, then blending it with maltodextrin in a Robo Coupe with a few pieces of dry ice.

7 Likes

So after reading through this thread start to finish at least 4 or 5x I can definitely say I am more confident in the gummy process, however it’d be KILLER if one of you more experienced guys wouldn’t mind typing a SOP that was all in one place. I’d happily pay for it. Don’t want to come off as someone to lazy to read through the thread…it’s just a lot of information, spread out with a lot of dialogue as well.

4 Likes

You don’t know what you don’t know.

Good luck ever explaining anything to someone who has never left the hood.

3 Likes

I second this

This is 100% from @Killa12345 I’ve just made it several times now. And works great each time.

Soft gummy recipe

Ingredients

• 75g gelatin
  • 130g H2O
  • 245g corn syrup (light)
  • 22.5g erythitol/munk fruit sweetener
  • 225g white sugar
  • 15g tartaric acid
  • 3 ml flavour (varies per flavour)
  • Colouring
  • Sugar/citric acid/corn starch mix for outside candy (225g/11.5g/5g - base mix, adjust accordingly)
  • Distillate

Step 1

Bloom gelatin

• add H20 and gelatin mix, let sit 30 min at room temp, add to sous vide safe bag, add to sous vide at 146F for 30 more min
  • Insure compete mix

Step 2

Sugar base (less then 5 min to get to temp, slow and steady)

• add white sugar, corn syrup and erythitol to pot, cook to 149F, do not go over.
  • Slowly add in distillate (thc or CBD), full mix
  • Slowly add gelatin in
  • Reduce temp to 122F

Step 3

• add flavour, tartaric acid and color

Step 4

Cast candies

• apply corn starch to molds (lightly)
  • Pour candy mix

Step 5

Let cool in Molds

Step 6

Remove from molds, toss in coating mix, Air dry for 24 hours

Step 7

Toss in more coating if needed, air dry for 3 more days

53 Likes

Ive used as little as 100g water, texture changes slightly. A ‘harder’ bite… lots of customizing once u have a good recipe. Thanks again @Killa12345 for the sweet how too.

8 Likes

I suggest you add Potassium Sorbate to your ingredients list, and add to the mix in step 2. The weight of your mix looks like it would take 1-2cc of the LorAnn mold inhibitor. This will definitely increase your shelf life, im at 8 months now and still counting. I cant wait to try the kitchen ad panning thing, that will defiantly increase the shelf life.
Also do away with the pipettes, find a ketchup dispenser (cylinder restaurant type). Make sure it has BIG THREADS, plastic gets soft and makes one heck of a mess.
I use the microwave for all my heating without any problems, but i dont use granular sugar other than what comes in the Jolly Rancher jello packs. Also MCT oil was mentioned as a carrier for the distillate by a few people in this thread, I had to scratch my head on that one. Its been my experience MCT oil literally squeezes out of the gummy. Propylene Glycol works for me, this is probable just my tech.

6 Likes

90% from killa :wink:

6 Likes

I have some mold inhibitor ordered up. Just haven’t received it yet. And gummies here don’t last a week. Lol. But, great suggestion on that and the potassium sorbate.

Shelf life will be key soon.

And my panner is 90% done.

4 Likes

The LorAnn’s mold inhibitor is Potassium Sorbate diluted in water. Its supper cheap premade from LorAnn or its even cheaper if you mix it yourself.
https://www.amazon.com/Spicy-World-Potassium-Sorbate-Pound/dp/B01JTAXHVA/ref=sr_1_5?crid=2F2JI5DSEA52V&keywords=potassium+sorbate+powder&qid=1579385997&sprefix=potassium+sorbate%2Caps%2C153&sr=8-5

1 Like

You are the man!! Thank you to everyone who’s contributed. I am going to be attempting some this weekend.

MCT squeezed out of your gummies? After setting? Or did it separate prior to setting?

Using the MCT oil, the last few gummies I poured defiantly had a separate layer. 600 bear recipe, the last 10-20 had this. All 600 of the gummies had MCT oil that you could squeeze out, days…weeks…months later. just my tech i guess, but I can pump 600 bears out every 30min by hand and PG works for me.

That sounds bizarre. I’d be curious what your formula was and what % of it was MCT.

84g Gelatin
10g citric acid
342g corn syrup
320g H2O
3cc mold inhibitor
4 packs of the 79g Jolly Rancher
20cc MCT (we use 20cc PG now) with your distillate

makes 600 small bears

6 Likes

That is a reasonable amount of MCT for the total weight you are going for. Not sure why you would experience separation at those levels except for improper formulation / cooking. If you’re using a microwave for cooking, you’re not going to get a consistent candy. I suggest monitoring your temps throughout the process… very important.

I will disagree with you on the “microwave not producing a consistent candy”. Its called trial and error and figuring out your microwave. But several short 30 sec bursts in my microwave do it for me. When I pull all the materials out to do gummies, I usualy do around 14000 bears. I cant tell you how many runs iv done, because I have no clue myself, but its well over (a lot) now. Its not the microwave that causes inconsistencies for me, its the human filling the molds. Therefore I have to do that job myself. I will be doing two runs over the next two weeks and I have two new toys to play with. I will give the MCT oil another go on a quarter size recipe, just to see if its my mixing. But Im confident PG mixes more efficiently in this product. We make a lot of different candies and this one is the only one i have been able to incorporate the microwave as the only heating source (besides my hot plate / magnet). Man Im the boss that carries a lazer temp gun on his belt. My wife has to preform new recipes in front of me two, three maybe four times before I say “stop this is the step we add canabinoids” . She (and I) hate working TOGETHER with high risk candies “rock candy, caramel”. She calls me the temperature Nazi. My helpers make facial expressions when I tell them we are making Rock Candy, they know they are in for a day “wait wait wait…now…hurry hurry hurry hurry hurry”

7 Likes

So its this the official Killa Gummy recipe based on endouvers from this thread/previous experience ? :smiley:

Gonna have to start buying some ingredients

I give all credit to @loudgardens. He’s the first one that shared that recipe with me. I just tweaked it.

11 Likes