My edibles taste like shit

Spice up chocolate with orange zest and some hot peppers and it’ll hide all kinds of goodies

2 Likes

I remember that I took RSO and ghetto infused chocolate by using a sliver of a sliver of butter and a bar of chocolate and melting the butter into the melting chocolate which was melting on a Pyrex dish on top of boiling water and I was stirring it quick af with a chopstick.

IT WAS TERRIBLE!!! BUT GOT ME SO FUCKED UP!!!

3 Likes

Distilate still taste sour after taste like medicine just make em low doses 25-50mg and bigger gummy if u want to eat more that taste better instead eat less that have amount you need in it the first time

1gram pure disty would have u autofucked… Straight tripping

1 Like

I’ve eaten 1000mg before and not gotten that fucked up… At the same time I drank 2 250mg nano emulsions and I was walking on the moon.

4 Likes

Same. Anything above 1500 and I really start feeling it lol

2 Likes

my old ones were 10 grams gummy approx 500 mg thc? some people didnt mind high doses others got messed up.

except i never had a bad trip but every time i eat 1000 mg it just sux and is no fun at all.

I love me a gram of rso to the face every now and then. :octopus: Always a great time. … Maybe I’ll do that soon :grinning: it’s been a while.

2 Likes

Fitting to do it right this second!

Should have brought more with me!

3 Likes

I gotta make some ^>^ or I’d so blast off right now :rocket::octopus:

1 Like

This is some winterized RSO from our good Buddy TS. I generally just eat a goober wrapped in a rolling paper or something. Do it generally twice a day

2 Likes

I usually fill a few 00 capsules and take one every day for 5 days when I make it. Ohhhhhhhhh myyyyyyyy fuuuuuuuckkking goooooood I should take an rso capsule on NYE.

Ime and imo I think winterized rso is better for food edibles while non winterized rso is better for just straight ingesting as is.

I think that rso is a wonderful simplicity that has a myriad of health benefits and if I can be so candid to say that it’s a wonderful thing to use as a “trippy drug” if you’re an ex addict of a different substance and are thinking of relapsing or feel like you’re reminded of the times you used to get absolutely destroyed. Tripping on RSO has literally saved me from relapsing a couple times and has put me into a state of mind where I think to myself this is where it’s at because if you’re gonna get absolutely destroyed, do it with weed and a gram of RSO to the face will get you absolutely destroyed.

1 Like

I have been playing with decarbing in process. It’s super hard to know what your dose is going to be because I can never estimate the rate of decarboxylation.

These are ~250mg and they are barely detectable by the human mouth. Very slight “hash” taste. Some of my better edibles to date.

14 Likes

Are there terpenes in the oil you are using? Adds to the unpleasantness. Flavors whether they are natural or artificial that pair well with cannabis are bitter such as coffee, chocolate, citrus, mint, liquorish.

1 Like

Not much. It’s not really the taste that’s the issue but the after taste of thc that sticks to ur tongue for several minutes was rough

2 Likes

From my experimentation using full-spectrum oils results in much stronger effect. I didn’t question it but the same milligram dosage resulted in a large difference favoring the full spectrum non-distilled oil. Like big difference. Light buz on a high dosage of disti and inebriated on the full spectrum.

Anyone else have similar results to this?

2 Likes

I hear ya. It is even worse if you emulsify or nanoencapsulate. There are some good flavor companies out there that have pretty good flavor and texture modifiers as well as bitter blockers. That is a whole other rabbit hole to fall down howevwr.

Before i departed my previous place of employment, one of our kitchen techs would make some great simple syrups and base flavorings for gummies using koolaid packets and melted down jolly ranchers which i believe he found or got inspiration from on one of the threads here

2 Likes

Yea, my experience has been similar same. Edibles made from non-distillate have a much “fuller” effect if that makes sense (Kiva’s Lost Farm gummies in CA have been solid). The effect from an edible made with distillate seems more “dull” by comparison.

4 Likes

I do a half decarb and everyone gets ripped off 150 mg

1 Like