Mutant show and tell

That’s exactly what me and the homies were saying. Thank god it’s the ugliest I’ve seen by far. :laughing:

3 Likes

All extracts. That’s all I know about it. Hahah

4 Likes

I have a plant like this. Its from H5 CBG hemp open pollinated outside. I cracked about 15 seeds. maybe 12 came up and one of them was like this. I wonder how common it is in my seed stock?

My wife keeps telling me she thinks its a thistle but i’m like “no its CBG lets wait and see”

im gna show her this thread

4 Likes

Heres the one i currently have growing. I put it from the seed cell tray into a little pot instead of transplanting into the ground

3 Likes

@Roguelab has been dropping some heat about intentional mutations and getting way more secondary compounds, also something about being way less fertile both seem useful in cannabis…

6 Likes

You knaw-mean then. Why this is a neat thread. Those people chasing those ends are rare people, hard science they’re finagling with.

2 Likes

Uh oh like the terminator fems!?

1 Like

So theyre like donkeys? Or mostly donkeys? Or ligers??

Donkeys are intraspecific cross (between genuses). Like hops and cannabis.

With 3n its a bit different. But a good analogy nonetheless.

3n seeds are not viable in most cases.
Edit: if not in all cases

2nx2n = 2n

2n x4n = 3n

4n x 4n = 4n

4 Likes

Dr. Grinspoon looked like that back in the day

5 Likes

I feel you.
what about selection for less trich wax, and less chlorophyll?

Breeding for extraction, what the thc genetics been subdues for hundreds if not thousands of years…

But with marker assisted selection that could be done in a few years…

Oh the glory of the day ee live in… Just one problem, capital interest of science over real science investigations hinder the process greatly:(

5 Likes

wtf is that, def keep growing it. @seth sup?

1 Like

properly made triploids will not get pollenated isn’t that right @seth? kinda like seedless watermelons…i just wanna know if u guys crispr’d it to get the triploid autos lol

This is what I cant confirm… I think they could be polinated but they produce small unviable undiferentiated seed in the bracth?

Anyway thanks for bringing it up!

2 Likes

This is found in many industrial strains of EU. Probably 1:1000-5000 (a guestimate)

3 Likes

that is a defect its the fascinated thing other people posted. I used to call it whorled phyllotaxy but ill accept facinated. In any case you dont want it on your garden.

1 Like

Have you ever made clones out of it? Maybe they wont fascinate?

I get the flat stems about 1:1000plants in the hemp varieties

1 Like

It does make sense that hemp varietys mutate in this manmer as they were selected primarily for fiber production.

Such double stalked biomass would be beneficial for these purpopese… But it does exibit a pronounded transpirational pattern wich does not prove well for drought conditions…

But this one is supposed to be a fat banana…

Smells the same as a banana without this specific mutation.

Funny and inderwsting… Imma try to get clones of it and see waht happens… :slight_smile:

1 Like

in my experience all upward growth stops so its no good for fiber. ive never cloned the lower parts to see if it keeps happening. its a virus or mutation, not something that was bred into it for production.