Mutant show and tell

n5YwrGG-300x192.jpeg

Here’s another example, it’s uncommon, but not exceedingly rare, it’s also done to cultivate larger fruits too.

10 Likes

Sorry I didn’t see your question at first, it was entirely-o-naturale.

4 Likes

Mutant plants always seem to be my favorite ones I have a few I’ve cream cake mutants I’ll post when I get home, they don’t even look like cannabis leaves

3 Likes

Chimera?

@cyclopath

Im making an inquiry for chromosal triploidy with these type of plants…

They seem to transpire ( dryout)sooner than others, wich would be a indicator of enlarged number of stomatal cells that could also be an indicator…

And the stem is doubled in width… .

The bot one looks like a 4n plant :slight_smile:

1 Like

This happened a while ago… Those primordias just sprouted some undiferebtiated leaves…

That died out eventually, seems to be a genetic deformity of the apical meristem gene… .

Keep us posted what will be the development of this…

Edit:

@TheGooMan

I spoke to someone and he said it might not(fascination) be a sure tell of the polyploid nature of the plant…

It might be a genetic mutation that only affects growth patterns,thats why im trying to confirm this through flow cytometry…

Keep the plant try to make seeds :slight_smile: thats what I allways say

2 Likes

Here’s a white truffle reveg.

6 Likes

This is the weirdest seed and plant I have ever came across. I pulled the seed out of some Relief CBG I grew last year. (Will dig up pics of seed) looked like a typical cannabis seed with some gnarly looking spikes coming off it. Looked like a cross between a ragweed and cannabis seed.
Tried germinating this year with the utmost care and it did not work. With over 20 years of growing experience I used every trick in the book.
After 3 weeks the seed started to mold. White fuzzy growth and it was pretty moist looking. I tossed it in the crack next to the garage thinking its toast, but would be interesting to see if anything came of it.
Clearing the weeds out by the garage a week ago and almost fell over when I saw this.
Typical cannabis growth structure. The leaves are mutated, which I initially chalked up to it growing in the concrete. But the stem is completely smooth. Not the semi rough texture of cannabis. There are prickly type hairs growing of the fan leaves, not the typical hairs or trichomes on the leaf stems.
If anyone has any idea if this is some other type of plant, please let me know so I don’t make any more of a fool out of myself.

7 Likes

Spider mites galore

12 Likes

Fk man was about to warn the man!

Viruses cause allkind of mutations :slight_smile:good share btw

2 Likes

9 Likes

That is so so so so fucking cool.

2 Likes

Glad I could show a thing, and if I was lucky, people got to learn a new thing.

3 Likes

the concept of a mutation being good is wrong. its like said- virus the only mutants that are good is freakshow and bastard weed.

1 Like

Mutation with weed, not inherently “good” but mutations are what lead to differentiation in species.

I mean, if your weed grew tomatoes that would be useful, but not necessarily “good”.

But say a mutation to pick up a certain floral arrangement would be a breeders dream.

A mutation could be beneficial, but it also could be plant cancer… sooooo, ya know.

There are sets of genetic markers for all differentiated strains, so I am sure there are ways to manipulate them and produce and replicate desired qualities, kind of what breeders do by eye/touch/smell.

13 Likes

Polyploid if I’ve ever seen one.

3 Likes

I think I’ve peaked as a farmer, this may be my best work yet!

27 Likes

You got lbs???

4 Likes

Thats gotta be atleast a 10g nug

2 Likes

That’s what you had to get back to trimming? I can see that would take a great deal of attention.

That’s awesome. It’s already a preroll. Just wrap a paper around it. Jaja

9 Likes