Mutant show and tell

Thought it would be interesting to make a thread to show our mutants. Freakshow has shown that there may be merit in working with mutes, and has me even more interested in them now.

I’ll start off with some pics from a tray that just sprouted. There’s three rows, all fathered by the same Bangi Haze male. Row one, from Bangi Haze mother #1 has one of six plants showing a leaf mutation. Row two, from Bangi Haze mother #2 has four of six showing the mutation. Row three, from a Thai Chi mom has three of six showing the mutation. I didn’t see the mutation in any of the parent plants or their siblings.

At first I thought there were a few holes left by some hungry little critter, until I noticed a couple leaflets with a smaller sub leaflet.

5 Likes

Here’s a few macro shots:

8 Likes

12 Likes

Variegation? Should be cool if grows out with a pattern!

4 Likes

The MAC1xPOOTANGPIE whorled phyllotaxy before my last two weeks out of state in the wife’s care.

She didn’t water the poor thing enough & over microbe fed them. So it suffered… damnit. Oh well still got it’s sister rocking hard.

4 Likes

From '18 hemp green house in KY I wanted to flower it but I think the greenhouse dude got angry one day and threw it out

27 Likes

That’s a good one

5 Likes

Damn, how many stems per node?

3 Likes

Bout tree fiddy

16 Likes

Oooh, pretty! I love the mottled look!

I wonder if a cutting of the variegated growth would keep growing all variegated, like a sport. I would totally be down to buy some clones of a mostly variegated variety, just for the novelty and decorative value.

4 Likes

Nice trifoliate, super bushy! Too bad you didn’t get to see it grown out.

4 Likes

Check out what I just found on my “grape chunk” it’s the only one I could find.

13 Likes

I had a plant which wouold put out leaves instead of node shoots= no pics and obviously its gone. it would put out a normal fan leaf and off the same node came another leaf instead of a shoot.

3 Likes

Here’s a short, yet interesting article about fasciation to add to the mutant content:

Cool leaf bud @CaptTigerpants! It would be interesting to see how big it can get.

5 Likes

Psh, you wanna see a mutation?

29 Likes

What in the actual fuck?!

4 Likes

Oh wow, that’s a winner there! Looks fasciated, a lot like a cockscomb celosia. Is that the result of a fim technique pruning, or did it just do that all on its own?

6 Likes

It used to happen to lots of dandelions on my lawn until I killed my lawn. besst thing ever- no mowing anymore.

1 Like

@thumper bingo! It’s a polyploid, sadly no flower came from it, the nug woulda been nuts.

4 Likes