Mushroom gummies

A 30mg dose of 4AcO will always be ~27-28.5 mg of active ingredient in a water-soluble, stable form.

Can you say the same about 30mg of psilocin extract? What about across 10 batches? 100? 1000?

1 Like

But what about my entourage?

4 Likes

Can you explain? If psilocin doesn’t make contact with water or the environment, it should remain stable in a predictable form.

you know that a food matrix IS the environment, right?

1 Like

Right, but an extract will contain varying amounts of actives across different inputs, storage conditions, extraction technique etc.

1 Like

Except 4 aco delivers a lower doseage of psilicin than just eating psilocin by itself does

Lets also not forget the mushroom terps which you wouldnt get in a synthetic

https://chemistry-europe.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/cbic.202300511

1 Like

Adjusting your dose to make it equivalent in yield is not that hard. 30% difference isn’t the biggest deal.

What benefits do the ‘terps’ give in the amounts they are present in the extract?

1 Like

" Some studies have demonstrated that extracts of Psilocybe mushrooms have different in vivo properties compared to pure psilocybin, presumably due to the presence of other compounds which contribute to a so-called “entourage effect”.4"

Thats directly from the published paper above.

I know for me pure thc doesn’t get me as high as a good live resin extract with terpenes even when eaten.

I would still argue that having a more easily repeatable dose wins in most cases, especially in an application like gummies where you’re dealing with varying storage conditions. How similar are your COAs in terms of minors across your various input extracts?

2 Likes

When it comes to the same strain theyre pretty close but when the strain differs its definitely a lot different, havent been able to check terpenes as these are terpenes not generally tested for

Its pretty easy to get a repeatable dose when testing the extract and extract has been proven in studies to be more therapeutic than synthetics

" The findings suggest that the natural psilocybin extract not only has a more potent impact but also a longer-lasting one on the brain’s synaptic functions."

“The natural extract not only increased levels of synaptic proteins in critical brain regions but also showcased a unique metabolic profile, implicating a broader therapeutic potential than its synthetic counterpart.”

Also from the above article

“Despite these variables, through controlled cultivation, it is possible to tame mushrooms, making the production of a replicable extract achievable.”

1 Like

I’m not trying to argue that a synthetic is better at making you “trip”.

However, how long are your gummies shelf stable before they start losing potency? How long does it take before the 2mg you put in there becomes 1mg? 4-AcO gummies maintain their potency for the shelf life of the gummy itself

1 Like

It’s important to note that these findings may not actually translate to an objectively better or more desirable effect in therapeutic use. Extrapolations solely based on changes in protein expression can lead to false conclusions.

1 Like

So do mine

Mine are more psilocybin than psilocin which is much more stable than psilocin itself

4 aco can easily under go hydrolysis and become psilocin also.

This is literally not what im saying, im talking about therapeutic use.

We mean the same thing in this context.

It is still less repeatable than a synthetic and thus probably better suited for clinical studies. I would also argue it carries less of the negative side effects of mushrooms. It also doesn’t rely on biomass that has the potential for accumulation of heavy metals.

Not true thats talked about above… its obvious you didnt read the studies i posted which is why i literally had to answer your questions with quotes directly from the studies i posted

What negative side effects are you talking about? Ive never experience any negative side effects from extract. It doesnt hurt your stomach like actual fruit does and the onset is much quicker. It also has more positive side effect like the entourage effect and such so.

Heavy metals are easy to avoid, the grain i use which is food grade has been tested for heavy metals and so is the substrate mix i use. Ive never heard of anyone growing mushrooms having a problem with heavy metals unless theyre wild foraging

2 Likes

I did read the study, and have read it prior to you posting it.

But like annoying orange man said:

Body load is still very much present with extracts.

Additionally, there’s not really any evidence that any of increased repeatability in that study. All they say is that it is possible to achieve a replicable extract. It doesn’t make any claims about the homogeneity of extracts. Your extracts are high quality, but are everyone’s?

Please explain what you mean by this because none of the negative side effects ive ever experienced are present in extract. Ive eaten several grams of extract at once and never experienced any feelings of nausea or such.

That also doesnt mean they dont. The entourage effect is proven regardless of protein studies.

Do you think the 4 aco that goes around on the streets is high quality??? I dont think so considering people are getting sick from it. Go look up the synthesis of psilocin its definitely not something an untrained chemist should do…

There are some tricks to making an extract homogenous but its definitely not rocket science. A proper sop will make a homogenous extract everytime.

Which do you think is more dangerous? An inproper sythesis of 4 aco or an improper extract?

Acetic anhydide which is used to make 4 aco is nasty shit and much harder to remove than say methanol or ethanol especially because of the solubilty of psilocin. You cant just water wash acetic anhydide to break it down when youre making 4 aco or youll wash out your psilocin also… eating a little bit of ethanol isnt bad for you, methanol is definitely worse but definitely not as bad as acetic anhydide…not to mention an improlerly cleaned up synthesis will more than likely have weird side reactions in it that do god knows what…

1 Like

Which is why accurate testing and quality inputs are important… no different than any other product.

Do you honestly believe that 4AcO is what is making people sick? I absolutely do not.

2 Likes

Yes i do not every case but I’ve definitely seen reports of products containing 4 aco making people sick

Correlation =/= causation. 4AcO-DMT is not a drug that causes seizures. It is just psilocin that has been acetylated as opposed to phosphorylated.

If you believe 4AcO-DMT did this then you have to also believe that psilocin is dangerous, which I know you don’t.

1 Like