That will still fuck you up, its just not very pretty lol

6 Likes

please teach me

do you isolate it from something or is it all synthetic

2 Likes

All synthetic :yum:

3 Likes

Y not just have a company in China produce it for you? @Roguelab

From reading that paper 4-aco-dmt seems about as hard to synth as lsd.

Hey man, Thanks for sharing. We are also actively working on extraction of psilocybin and have access to mass spec for testing as well.

Is the idea not to extract as much psilocybin as possible and keep it in phosphorylated format? I mean prevent it from dephosphorylization and turning to psilocin?

2 Likes

Depends on what route you want to go, if you want to go the route of chromatography of crude extract then psilocybin won’t need to be converted. It just greatly simplifies the process when you only have a single compound of interest. Also psilocybin gets turned into psilocin by your body anyhow and they can both be crystallized so might as well just go ahead and dephosphorylate the psilocybin anyways.

4 Likes

Thats the idea if your job is being an analytical chemist who wants to quantify the amount of each of the compounds that were present in the sample. Then you’d want to choose an extraction method that won’t convert any of the alkaloids. In that case you would probably use methanol for the initial extraction instead of acetic acid.

If your goal is to make a sellable product, id suggest acetic acid solution for initial extraction solvent. Because it will be easier to isolate after dephosphorylation.

6 Likes

Thanks for your valuable inputs.

I have read that psilocybin would have its psychoactive effect only if it gets metabolized (and dephosphorylized) in our body and gets to psilocin, which is a seretonergic 5-HT2a agonist. Of course there are many working on the entourage effect of different components of magic mushrooms and this is an ongoing research. I am sure there is value in isolating and ingesting a combination of both psilocybin and psilocin, but if we want to keep the trip, I was under the impression that psilocybin is doing the job.

2 Likes

I don’t think that it psilocybin needs to be dephosphorylated in vivo for it to be active, I think it just happens to be a consequence of the acid in our stomachs that forces the conversion of psilocybin to psilocin. The active compound is psilocin, in fact since psilocin is psilocybin without the phosphate ester its a smaller molecule and the dosage will need to reflect that.

Secondary active compounds are beta carbolines which are known to potentiate tryptamines. When I do shrooms I make a harmaline brew and drink it with the shrooms. The guy that showed me that called it “Psilohausca”.

9 Likes

If you wanna get high on psilocybin you’ll probably have to IV it. That doesn’t sound like fun. Sounds like the effects are pretty comparable to eating them anyways.

2 Likes

I wonder if this antisolvent crystallization technique works with psilocybin as well.

11 Likes

I still want to see that sublimator in action!

1 Like

Gotta buy a rebuild kit for my Alcatel, then the show can begin.

3 Likes

@ScoobyDoobie 𝐅𝐨𝐫 president :+1::pray:

5 Likes

i know a guy who told me the old natives would fill a jar of dried mushrooms with honey and sit for 30 days then strain hot and it was the most potent mushroom experience he ever had. this dude was in nam and has been a psychonaut since the begining. i cant wait to do this one day.

4 Likes

Whoops I made a typo here. The ether will contain the impurities, the acidic water will contain the alkaloids.

Removal of the water with the use of desiccant is an option too.

2 Likes

Hi! here this is something I do not fully get… I looked at the proposed links above but something is not clear to me. Acidic water allows extraction (dilute acetic acid at 70C), filter, then brought to pH 8 then extract with ether… Here I do not understand why ether should work as psilocybin seems soluble in water and a bit in Methanol (not that much in ethanol and not in benzene or chloroform according to pubchem… I would guess solubility should be low in ether too, but it seems to work. Then what I am missing?

1 Like

Hi. Extraction doesn’t need to be done at 70c, you should extract at room temp and filter before bringing the solution to 70c. Extracting at 70c will work but youre just going to be extracting more shit that you’re going to have to remove.

The purpose of the diethyl ether wash isn’t to pull the alkaloids, its meant to pull whatever can be pulled that isn’t the psilocin. Psilocin would rather stay in the aqueous solution.

6 Likes

Here’s a chart I posted earlier in the thread except I made some edits so its easier to read.

Recognize that after you heat your aqueous solution to 70c you’re not dealing with psilocybin anymore, you are dealing with psilocin.

In theory since psilocybin is insoluble in both chloroform and heptane you could wash your aqueous portion with either or both of those solvents prior to dephosphorylation to remove anything that was co extracted along with the alkaloids. As long as you can keep the psilocybin from dephosphorylating into psilocin while its dissolved in acetic acid, a chloroform or heptane wash shouldn’t hurt your yields.

12 Likes

C 0 2 that’s all the advice I can give you

3 Likes