Finding the best methods to clean and purify
Finding reasons that effect shelf life
Basicly everything :sunglasses:

26 Likes

Excited to see where this thread goes…

11 Likes

Good luck sir :+1:t2:

3 Likes

Here’s a great starting point, https://www.erowid.org/references/texts/show/1361docid1134

6 Likes

To see aliens?

Subb’d

7 Likes

Some dude gave me mushroom extract once. Looked just like a jar of dabs. Ate a tiny ball of it, tripped my nuts ofd. Was always interested in making some

6 Likes

Good to see you around :fist_left:
Yeah shrooms can do that to you :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
But I realy think that microdosing shrooms has medicinal benefits in the near future

18 Likes

The goodies are contained within the tissues so your yeilds will be shit if you dont grind the shrooms to dust. I like to let my shrooms sit and soak.

You have the option to employ a dephosphorylation step to convert the psilocybin into psilocin to improve your yield and simplify the isolation procedure.

8 Likes

https://catbull.com/alamut/Bibliothek/psilocin.extraction.html#refs

This link discusses a solid extraction procedure as well as info about the factors affecting degradation, although not very in depth.

4 Likes

Enlighten us with your knowlidge
( not with riddles :grinning:)
Which method would you preform
And why
i still need to figure out solubility of said compounds in solvents etc etc
And think that my sonic bath can be of benefit to the. Extraction process
Yust need to figure out the heat produced by this for the target compounds are realy sensitive

5 Likes

Ultrasonic extraction will be a great help.

Extract with dilute acetic acid because both psilocybin and psilocin are soluble in it, heat this mixture to 70C and then immediately cool the mixture. The warm acetic acid solution will cause most of the psilocybin to convert (dephosphorylate) to psilocin.

As long as your able to cool the solution quickly after taking it off the heat you can avoid degrading a great deal of psilocin. Extract the aqueous extract with diethyl ether to get the psilocin out of the basic solution to prevent further degredation.

18 Likes

Thank you sir :pray:

Hmm acitic acid > basic solution something’s missing

9 Likes

you grow those in a mono tub? Thats quite a hull you have there. B+ and Golden Teacher, two of the most popular strains. Can you tell us a little about your spawn and fruit technique? I live in California one of the few states that don’t allow spores to be mailed in. So it’s not impossible, just more difficult.

3 Likes

Oops, adjust aqueous extract ph to 8 before extracting with diethyl ether.

Evaporate the ether and you’ve got an extract that’s very strong, just doesnt look visually appealing. You can recrystalize in just chloroform but that paper I posted says to use a mixture of chloroform and heptane.

8 Likes

I am not the cultivator sorry but I will ask if he wants to join our family :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
It s 5 kg dried shrooms
It was either buy smaller glass wear or more shrooms I choose the last option.
I have been warned that yields are low
So to not have to work with mg I chose this path

6 Likes

Goes without saying the ether is gonna need to be dried.

2 Likes

Yep and I am half pulling your leg
I have always been atracted to the open source mind set of this place
Along the way I have learned a lot
(Thx to all by the way )
And again that’s how I hope this tread will develop
With the way the cannabinoid market is moving some might need to diversify
And giving options never harmed anybody ( except the wife she s a libra horoscope)
So thx again I will keep you updated

17 Likes

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :heart_eyes: :cowboy_hat_face:

6 Likes