More decent cheap lights

@Baked-All-Day I am very happy with them for the price. They are vegging as fast as 315 CMH and 3500k+660nm. The plant metabolism is revved up, requiring more magnesium. Most LED’s don’t have penetration, but I just clean up the fans. I might do vertical racks with these as a test.

I just pulled 13 bows on 8000 watts of LED. That’s 1.7g/w. I’ve done better, but I’m not too upset.

13 Likes

Are you saying you actually have 40 of these lights right now?

1 Like

Not yet. We always work things into rotation slowly.

Ok I’m confused as you posted you got 1.7g/w on 8000w LED. If the whole crop was not grown from clone to harvest with those lights how is it relevant that you pulled 1.7g/w?
I know I’m not too good at reading comprehension but they way I would read your post is you used those LEDs from clone to harvest and pulled 1.7g/w.
I do not believe that growing ONLY under those low PAR LEDs you could yield 1.7g/w. I am no expert so I could be wrong.

2 Likes

I guess that was a non-sequitur. You’re right. We are putting that light through the paces and will be using it for flowering soon.

1 Like

Cool please post your results. From the numbers I see it looks like an inefficient LED but I do not have one in hand to do my own PAR testing.

2 Likes

I always try to be transparent and am not afraid to admit when I’m wrong. I’m always posting pics here and I definitely will.

2 Likes

Just window shopping…

https://mammothlighting.com/products/copy-of-10-bar-fluence-style-led-grow-light-etl-listed-with-time-and-dimmer-control-panel

How tight are you stacking the led’s together?

This is why I bought 4 of them so i can do some real world testing. The lux LED’s that i am running now are $65 or 70 for a pair of strips that are 4’ long.

16071049037334948480858274386934|281x500

2 Likes

I been running 3 of these for almost 2 years and they look the same as Mammoth but these claim higher umol but not sure if its BS.
SPLED G2 Series LED Grow Light – SunPlix Lighting
Mine are the 10 bar 800w with a knob for dimming. They are $990 each right now. I am guessing the Mammoth and Sunplix are the same and just rebranded. The ROI-E720 def are ROI design and not rebranded. Cant find anything out there that looks identical.

1 Like

These look similar to the roi-720, the aluminum isn’t colored though, but it’s the same light.

1 Like

i wonder how many bars and diode count that 640w version has. says they use greater than or equal to 90 CRI diodes lm301b 3200k…

Def not the same light. Its 650w and 6 bars. The E720 is 720w and 8 bars. Frame is different too. Also the 720 has a sight glass level in the frame and a built-in dimmer knob. Frame on the E720 edges are round and your generic LED they are square. You can hook the ROI controller to it and boost watts up to over 800w too.

The Sunplix 640w is 8 bars. When you select the umols in the dropdown the pic changes to show how many bars. I got 10 bars 800w+ because I wanted the most wattage and LEDs because I run mine on movers and cover 4x8 with each light. Cant wait to replace the 4 panel lights everyone goes gaga googoo over because they are under $1/w. I will never buy those 250w panel lights again.

1 Like

I don’t care about the frame looks. And you can search for 800w versions as well with built in dimmers.

These are all generic builds outta china. If they use a lmb301 there getting the same umols out of them everyone else is.

Watt for watt, the only difference in all of these boards are diodes, cri values, color temps of the diodes, and diode layout.

Edit: these are all standard components and no one has any magic way to make them better.

That overdrive of the roi-e720 just boosts the wattage at the cost of diode life.

4 Likes

Those alibaba prices are indeed attractive

I understand how manufacturing works. Rebranded is when a company slaps branding on it and it looks identical to other products. I believe that ROI had it manufactured to they’re specs. Meaning some of the parts are off the shelf parts.
I am not a ROI fanboy and do not even have the LED yet.
I spend quite a bit of time researching anything I buy. I could not find an LED that looked identical to the ROI.

https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/samsung-semiconductor,-inc./SPMWHD32AMD5XAV0S0/8568392

It would take forever, but if I etched my own circuit board, how much would it cost me to build my own LED board…hmmm… or at the very least breadboard a large one for the fuck of it to see if it could be done. I imagine I’m going to need a very clean and stable DC power supply. This shit is starting to hover right in the realm of what I went to school for and doesn’t seem as intimidating

https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/samsung-semiconductor,-inc./SL-B8T2N70LAWW/8536566

Supplementary lighting on the super fucking dirt cheap? Could be good for strains where the bottom branches look like fucking t-rex arms and needs a boost. (NM, apparently link gives you different LED socketed in. Keeping link up for reference)

Just seeing what comes up when I google the LED part numbers gives me the happy warm shivers. I need to fucking just make a list of ‘good’ LEDs and their part/model numbers for future reference when i’ve got less of a full plate

3 Likes

I use two of those.

2 Likes