More decent cheap lights

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08B841G7W/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_fabt1_kUzSFbYJAX6VP?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Found a cheap 100w fixture. After the coupon, the thing was 70 bucks plus tax.

It uses a meanwell driver, dimmer wired in, and the lm281b samsung diodes. Not as good as the lm301b, but damn close.

Just got one in the mail, and I’m pleasantly surprised.

(I dimmed the board down for the pic.)

12 Likes

might grab another to do a side by side with my HLG 100w, I didn’t get great results with my cheap knockoff board but I’ve only had one(shitty) run in the tent with it

2 Likes

What’s the micromoles on that light?

Umols?

Never heard of micromoles, unless they live underground.

4 Likes

They claim 2.7umol. I don’t necessarily believe that. Don’t have an apogee meter to test.

They have less diodes compared to other qb’s, but I’m ok with it, running em harder drops some efficiency, but you get better penetration.

I’m throwing this in to add some more light over half of my 4x4 canopy, see if I can bump my numbers up a lil bit.

6 Likes

My enfun boards are doing nice, had a decent harvest with em.

3 Likes

I think that U is micro. Like uL=microliters

6 Likes

Haha!!

A micromole is a unit of measure defined as 10-6(one-millionth) of a mole. The symbol for micromole is commonly umol or μmol. A mole is defined as approximately 6.022140857 x 1023, so therefore a micromole can also be defined as: 1 μmol = 6.022140857 x 1017.

That’s the way we’re playing now a days. Highest micromoles on led ive seen is 1700 µmol/s

5 Likes

How about this one? Seems a bit stronger. I would run two of these on a 4x4 footprint. No veg.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07TVD1Y3K/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=AQS92QZGR4BJ0&psc=1

4 Likes

I still think miejiu and kingbrite boards seem the best bang for buck right now. Meijiu 3000k lm301b boards 240w dual 288 diode boards for about 160 shipped.

6 Likes

I’m sure it’s more related to my poor gardening practices :rofl:

3 Likes

When I bought this one yesterday, it was 60 bucks lol. The price went up ten bucks when I looked today tho.

For a 240w kit, I got those enfun ones I mentioned for 170, but they are 190 now:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08C7DYMR9/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_fabt1_ktBSFbXN45MHQ

These ones have the lm301b diodes, and they have cheaper versions with smd3030 and lm301d (which I’ve never heard of)

@square_root_pharms, is that for a single 240w? Last time I got a quote, it was around 190 total. Still not bad, but there selling similar kits for 200 on amazon now.

The Samsung lm301b is pretty easy to get on a board now. Plus if the price is close, I like the fact I deal with Amazon over sending back to China for a return.

That’s only my opinion though.

4 Likes

They beat the hell out of the Fluence price which is around $1,700.

3 Likes

Yep, for a large op I’d think about name brand. But for my size, these are great.

Plus if things change as fast as they are now, replacing em is cheap enough.

4 Likes

Alibaba looks like 160-170 shipped for 1

I bet sea ship to your door would be around 120-130

2 Likes

Yeah the Fluence is coming along for the 72 light per room ride x 24.

Love the hobbyist led though, def have there place in the sun!

1 Like

Those look like they have 1/4 to 1/3 the amount of diodes the miejiu or KB quantum board knockoffs have

1 Like

Wtf lol, I will say it was 6 months or so ago. That’s a big difference!

1 Like

They have 240. I am ok with that because I’ll sacrifice some efficiency for the penetration.

Honestly, it’s just neat these are commodity items now. QBs used be so expensive, and cobs are horrible. Diy with strips was fun, but now that’s not even worth it.

4 Likes

Cough
Not cheap, but plug n play for weight!

15 Likes