More decent cheap lights

I’ve got some feelers out now for 20x custom controllable bar lights using meanwell 640w drivers and 100% 90cri 3000k lm301b diodes from china

10 Likes

I love how the technology just keeps getting cheaper like TV’s. You guys have picked some gems. Keeping it under $1 per watt with a decent spectrum is money in the bank.

5 Likes

Hey brother which one is this?

That is the gavita

1 Like

Gavita pro 1700e

X3 going in

3 Likes

cant wait to here your thoughts on the gavita bro

3 Likes

I’ll make a thread over at beanbasement with side by side pics from my cmh grows. Only variable will be the lights. I’ll keep all the same other parameters.

7 Likes

Philip & Osram diodes w/ ETL listing. MOQ is 5k from these guys but I have placed a sample order of 945w cmh lights and they air shipped me my $1300 " sample" for 700ish.

3 Likes

RIU dude running a pair of A8 Meijiu 650w lights

https://www.rollitup.org/t/bks-shit-show.1031750/post-15936211

2 Likes

A friend of mine was buying this light for indoor tomatoes. Idk anything about LEDs or if it would be suitable for more valuable plants.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08FSLC9Z8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_RIRSFbBWM0263

just saw on IG that HLG is running a 20% off promo from the 27th to the 30th

1 Like

I would use Agnetix, Fluence, or FOHSE if I needed an American UL listing and warranty. I would throw HLG brand on that list too.

2 Likes

They just added a 200w version for 130 after coupon, very tempting

3 Likes

I keep looking at the growers choice roi 720…trigger finger itchy…somebody please talk me out of this purchase before I drop a grand on a light.

3 Likes

It’s over $1/watt, but for all the Spydr clone LED’s, this is probably the best one that comes with an American warranty. I wouldn’t blame you if you bought it.

2 Likes

Mine is on the way. This will be my 4th bar style LED. The others are 800w+ 10 bar Sunplix. I found the E720 LED on sale at most dealers for $944 over the weekend and controller for sunrise sunset action was only $279. From the little I know about the controller it looks like the best out there right now. I like the overdrive feature on the controller that bumps up the wattage output up to 800w. I bought my 1st bar style Sunplix LED almost 2 years ago and never looked back. I have run old school MH/HPS, burple LEDs, and LM301B 240w panels and none compare to bar style LEDs

5 Likes

What diodes are in the growers choice leds?

They claim Osram top bin diodes.
Just found a place that didn’t raise the price yet and still $944
Growers Choice LED ROI-E720 LED Grow Light Fixture - 720W - 3K (growershouse.com)

The controller is $348 so I would suggest ordering that from Trim Buddies or someone who has it for $279
I ordered from Trim Buddies on 11/29 and was shipped 12/1

3 Likes

I picked up 4 of these for $80 each. I believe @AgTonik blessed us with the plug.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08935QVHR/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_BueYFbJW13Q9P?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

7 Likes

You get what you pay for. Those look good for vegging as PAR is not high enough for flower. It would take 4 of those to light up a 4x4 area. Did you look at the PAR readings? Those 4 lights would use 800w and PAR in the center at 15.7" is only in the low 400s. The E720 PAR at 24" is high 400s at 50% power drawing 400w.
At full power PAR at 24" drawing 810w is almost 1000 and edges are 800.
Those cheap light you bought are not very efficient and power is not free.

2 Likes