Miles-Beyond and Heisenberg run iLLnyeTheShatterGuy and others D8 SOP in real time?

Nice!

What temp

1 Like

We are blood red at the moment. Started rxn at 58C, and there was no change until it hit 60C after it hit 60C temp started raising and color started changing. We used 15g pTSA for a 1.1kg batch, but we had an oopsie when adding solvent mix to the reactor, and lost ~20%, so we are at roughly 1.5% pTSA.

What temp did you start your rxn at?

3 Likes

We added acid at 58C. Rxn clearly started once we hit 60C. Within 15min it shot up to 72C. We are cruising back at 60C now at 25min in.

4 Likes

Did you measure your time duration from when you added ptsa to when you saw temps rise? I used 500grams isolate and 500ml toluene for solvent. 5 grams ptsa. I added my ptsa at 25c.

Edit: just saw your updated post

looking pretty good now in mains

3 Likes

I see that you are running at 25C. I am still trying to figure out how temp plays a role. It is obvious to me that temp matters, but I do not have enough empirical data to say how much it changes the result

1 Like

I added at 50c. After 30 minutes, no exothermic jump. Forced the jump. Once past 60c, jumped to 90c. Red at 80c. Coming back down now.

1 Like

I’ll run some on the spot alk beam testing now. And every 15 minutes till done

2 Likes

Oh boy! Nice

some decently clear product emerging

7 Likes

I’m honestly starting to wonder whether longer != better. We are down to 59C now. I am wondering after it cools from the exothermic spike if the rxn is producing more BS and less cannabinoids. It seems to me that the bulk of the d8/9 would be produced during the exothermic spike. Why would it still be reacting in any large quantity after it cools back to the initial rxn temp?

1 Like

How fast you flowing?

2 Likes

3 Likes

1 hour after acid and decline from 90c.

Taken at 83c

Has me wondering if the initial spike will work. Looks pretty golden to me :man_shrugging:t3:

8 Likes

Very nice! Lookin clear

2 Likes

We have always stopped it after ~45min (30min after initial spike). I was going to let it go longer, but my gut tells me to stop it, so we are going to stop it after our bicarb gets up to temp here in about 10min.

3 Likes

brother, thats gonna be spectacular!

3 Likes

I just don’t see longer being necessary honestly… alk beam test is pretty telling. The only thing I can see is going past the D9 into D8.

4 Likes

Thank ya :metal:t3:

2 Likes