Media Bros CRX & CRY contamination

i ran some crx and didnt notice an issue. How does powder get through a dab rig? I barely smoke concentrate but i should keep it clean but somehow it getting through seems doubtable. They had that vitamin e issue a couple years ago. I havent heard on news of crc powders? i go as low as a .5 sintered and then a final low micron felt but i dont think i get powder. i have a 6 inch tampon too.

Sizzle = h20

7 Likes

That would make their dirt magicā€¦

Youā€™ve most likely got both water AND media in your hash.

5um wonā€™t keep the fines out of your hash.

Try rinsing your freshly packed CRC with solvent into a clean collection pot.

Guarantee youā€™ll see dust in your collection.

Fill two jars with media. Weigh them. Leave one open for a couple of weeks. Weigh it daily and confirm the weight doesnā€™t change (here in OR it will. Least at this time of year).

The water can be removed via more time in your vac oven (you will loose terps)

2 Likes

It worked out just fine lol. I have a convection oven that is way better than a vac for moisture. Too small for that amount

1 Like

Agreed. Large glass baking dishes loaded with media right in the convection oven

2 Likes

Can i run crx on 20 micron or will thst be harmful

You can but you shouldnt! fines will absolutely make it past at 20 micron.

4 Likes

Sounds like .22um is gonna be the standard

1 Like

Can someone post link to the .22um filters? Sounds like pre-wetting is definitely the play for almost all medias.

2 Likes

put 1um paper on top, and a tightly wound polypropylene felt filter below would do the trick reasonably effectively.

be aware that some folks have seen shedding with Polyester felt particulate (tampon tek)

I just double checked compatibility and although I canā€™t find polyester with butane, it does better than polypropylene with hexane, and polypropylene gets an excellent with butane here: Polypropylene Chemical Compatibility Chart and ā€œMehā€ with hexane or heptane.

might as well read the Tricks of the trade from head to toe just for good measure.

1 Like

https://www.gochemtek.com/custom/22-sintered-filter

https://www.gochemtek.com/custom/double-sided-fnpt-flat-lid

5 Likes

I need somebody to teach me how to run one of those :shushing_face:

although right now every run is THCA crashing out during recovery so getting a .2um filter to play nice isnā€™t my top priority. just getting my run to come out the pour spout before crashes has taken precedenceā€¦

2 Likes

Raise the pressure of your recovery?

2 Likes

100% !!!

media bros isnt super fine powder, it has binders or something.

Needs to be filtered to at least 1 micron

How much crx can pass through a 20 micron filter? How toxic is it to smoke this? For personal consumption obviously never for public if any possible contaminants

Get the right filtration. Take the advice and get the 1 micron.

2 Likes

Then get the .5 micron after the 1 micron lol

I have a 5 micron on my evaporation chamber and find about 5-10 grams of powder residue when I clean it out

2 Likes

I smoke what I make. Consistently choose carbon chemistry for tasteā€¦ entire crew does also

1 Like