Making Live Resin Carts

Im thinking about using some live resin sauce mixed with distillate and some cannabis terps. My question is do i need to decarb the live resin first before mixing? Also im sure ill run into some problems so if anyone has any tips just holla

1 Like

A lot of good info on this site, I’m sure some people will come to tell you to use the search bar.

On a basic level, if by live resin sauce you mean the high terpene fraction, a pretty standard formulation is to add about 30% of the sauce to distillate and mix. You want to heat the sauce as little as possible to retain terps, so no decarb. Some thca in a cart is fine, even good for the consistency of the oil. The distillate should keep the oil in the cart from crystalizing.

If you have a nice live resin sauce, I see no need to add additional cannabis derived terps.

Hope you fan find some of the other good threads on this topic.

5 Likes
1 Like

Check out mech separation via fuge, the people LOVEEE the whole "Zero additive live resin carts.

Edit: disregard, sorry misunderstood title post.

3 Likes

The best live resin carts have no disty at all

Spin ur live resin in fuge to separate the terps from the sugar…decarb sugar but I never decarb it all the way I want them to still test for some thca… After decarb the sugar add the terps back at much lower temp mix very well…load into carts they’ll be the best tasting carts ever if you’re live resin is awesome

9 Likes

which is not (imo) a “live resin” cart.

if there is distillate in there, it is at best a cart with “live resin added”.

where would you place the probability is that you’re the FIRST person to ask that question here? the 10th?

so did you read any of the threads that typing “live resin carts” into the search bar yields?

not trying to beat you up.

just being REAL: essentially everything you need to know on this subject has been typed up here REPEATEDLY. figuring out how to find it and validate it yourself is a valuable skill.

chances are they’ve given those tips out around here ALREADY… yep, you’ll get some of them by asking again…you’ll get MORE by digging around a bit and actually asking clarifying questions on any tid-bits you dig up.

I doubt you’ll find any in Tricks of the trade but I recommend you (everyone) read it top to toe anyway.

Edit: also moved your post from Hempire building: GMP, because while you might be using hemp derived distillate, there is no way you’re looking for a GMP SOP.

5 Likes

what temp do you mix terps back ? don’t want to burn my terps but the sugar is much thicker than disty

probably would not go any higher tan 120 F for the solvent (cannabinoids) you are mixing the terpenes into

1 Like

You sure it’s decarbed?

Yes, it will be more viscous, decarbed thca isolate is generally higher purity than distillate.

At as low a temp as you can manage. The less heat your terpenes see the better. Best temp is going to be specific to your process and tooling, but 65-85C is the general ball park.

2 Likes

What temps and times do you decarb do there is still thca present ? I heated my thca isolate on a magnetic hotplate at around 220-240°F I turned down the heat when the bubbles forming were at a minimum… When is it a proper time to pull thca from decarbing fully ?

decarboxylate the sauce between 60 to 80 c, in a tightly closed jar. you put it in the oven for 24 to 48 hours. This is how you take care of the most volatile terpenes. You open it once it cools down to room temperature, do not open it out of the oven as the terpenes would be lost.
The most important thing in a live sauce are its terpenes, if you are looking for power you can use distillates that are found everywhere, but the terpenes of a live resin are worth gold. that’s not for sale just like that

1 Like

Hi im an extrator making live resin. My consumer wants it more of a sauce so he can make cartridges. Whats the process for that?

More HTE less Delta 9. Actually I misread, to go from base live resin to cart live resin you need to decarboxylate the thca. Not to be a dick but if you didn’t know that part I hope to God you are not working with explosive solvents.

6 Likes

tell him he needs to provide terp heavy stuff and either way regardless how it is beforehand, once its decarbed it will be the consistency he wants and needs for carts.

1 Like

Are you making carts or are they?!?

If they are, you’re done, and they are now more knowledgeable than you on your own work….

all the information you or they need is available here.

For live resin I would suggest spin to separate, then decarb the thca fraction & recombine. Although I believe the FF cart in my hand was Decarb under pressure to retain terps? and is certainly delicious.

Use the search bar.

And/or see: How to turn "Shatter" into diamonds/sauce/distillate/anything I can sell? as a starting point (don’t skimp out on following the links…)

4 Likes

Nope. My bad. Apparently that’s on the tasting list for tomorrow or Monday…

1 Like

Lol the two processes both produce really good products. We use the same in house bho for both processes and it is hard to tell the difference. From a lab process standpoint, I find the full spectrum bho decarb under pressure to be the easier, less labor, process. But I also understand that sales and marketing want different skus, therefore the spun off hte and decarb diamonds product. You want pepsi we got you, you want coke that’s cool too…

4 Likes

I’m a Mountain Dew guy myself… guess that means do both processes, combine them for the ultimate graveyard experience.

2 Likes

You got it?

You thanked anyone for writing it down?

Have additional questions?!?

You’ve been shown where the water is, catching fish is all you…

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like