Making Infused Prerolls - Are they real or just marketing?

And the few I’ve tried have sat so long that any oil in them has all migrated into a glob down one side or towards the end, making it truly unsmokable.

Just nice, fresh flower for me and maybe if it were sold like produce and had a best by date…

Found a local solventless lab to toll wash dry trim into hash and then allow me as an olcc carded contractor to make the infused blunts/cones at their facility por gratis and transfer back to me

so cured hash plus b buds

50 a p for hash washing at an avg. 10% full sec minus food grade yield
pay myself a g a piece for the littles lbs.
trim is worthless and getting an extract split back doesn’t pencil out so that’s free

4500 plus my labor and testing for material
glass tip cones/blunts are a buck
glass packaging is 50 cents
labels are a quarter

5000 + 2200 + 1100 + 550

8800 for 2200 units

the lowest wholesale price i could find was 7 and those were mids

@Killa12345 you like hash blunts or disty blunts more?

2 Likes

Given that consumers seem to want them, that seems like an appropriate way to provision.

1 Like

i dont see people getting a premium for “good” prerolls as that isnt a thing that really exist

once you grind something and create all that surface area for evaporation and oxidation its just midses everything out

ive thought about vac sealing but what a bitch to do that per unit to try to compete with 50 cent garbage pre rolls made by big machines

so the premium alternative to quality will be potency and marketing and packaging

even the jeeter ecig terps make a better product in a lot of consumers opinion sad but true

i prefer disty blunts…

1 Like

i think for storage and overall commercial production hash will be easier to infuse than most extracts

How are you making a powder out of the bubble? I’ve been freezing chunks and grating by hand on a kitchen cheese grater. I suspect there is a better way.

Sieve it after it comes out the freeze drier

1 Like

How difficult would it be to add argon to this process?

Would the extra step of backfilling with inert gas cost more than the packaging?

Why in God’s name would you use argon for backfilling?

It’s one of the most expensive gasses to use for backfilling… Nearly more than 6 times what Nitrogen costs per cubic foot.

Only industries I have seen using argon for inert backfill during production/packaging/final prep is for spacecraft/defense projects; unless you’re welding or have another metallic based oxidation you are trying to avoid, you should not be using argon as your first inert gas choice.

2 Likes

I just use it in carts :man_shrugging:t2:

Nitrogen works, but then you gotta really hose the container to displace all the oxygen

Not as much as you would think, a grams is enough to make a small wrap. The trick is in the blending, finding which combinations of which microns of bubble hash will press into a wrap.

Maybe to have it be something you’re interested in actually doing, you need to take a different approach?

I think you should make the best infused pre-roll you can (that based on the experience shits all over these corndog looking pre-rolls). Rather than having a bunch of shit on the outside, go heavy on the marketing/packaging side. Similar to how Liquid Death sells basic ass “mountain water” because of “edgy” cans and a name, put a ton of extra warnings on your packaging that plays to their ego. Skulls, crossbones, nuclear symbols, etc should do the trick lol.

When they open it up and try to flex, they’ll see the unassuming pre-roll and think it was bullshit/hype… then when they actually try it… you’ll blow their fucking minds.

If you can get enough people to try it, you can sort of treat it like that company that sells a single dorito but makes it super hot. Make it a challenge, and make it something that people get their friends to try to boost their egos. That seems to be what they are looking for… so set the experience expectation based on the packaging of the pre-roll, not the pre-roll itself (when we know putting that shit on the outside is just a waste).

Basically, all of these companies are making shit products, but making them look like they are awesome to people that are just used to smoking trim filled prerolls (and since they are used to that experience, this beats it just based on brute force of added potency).

If you can flip that, make yours seem semi-dangerous, not for the feint of heart, mysterious, and not to be fucked with on the packaging… when they open it up and see it, they’ll probably laugh (it would be great if they recorded it). Then when they try it… they’ll understand that they didn’t know what they were getting into.

They’ll get friends to buy them, or bring one to a party and you’ll get that same reaction. First people compare it to the corndogs on looks and think the corndogs are better, then they actually smoke yours and everyone realizes the REAL difference between them.

I mean, these things are basically just marketing/hype anyways, may as well just play that game on the packaging/tubes and give them a much better experience in the actual product.

Or not. You seem like you’ll be fine either way.

3 Likes

Nevermind.

any loss due to clumping?

I actually think if you threw a little money at it… it would scale ok…

We never got a chance to find out… there is a much easer solution for scale production

1 Like

The Thompson Duke Industrial engineers have been busy designing and testing both a semi-automatic and automatic joint infusion machine. Rev1 will be on display in our booth at MJBiz.

5 Likes

Has anyone tried the Jiko Robot? I haven’t seen any center infused pre-rolls in Colorado.

1 Like

Argon is considered superior to nitrogen and is used in food.

1 Like

Nitrogen would still be my choice of antioxidant packaging gas. It does something special to wine, coffee, and cannabis.

1 Like