Making Infused Prerolls - Are they real or just marketing?

I have several wholesale customers asking for infused prerolls. When I ask them what they mean I get 50 different answers.

Infused on the outside with distillate painted on and rolled in keif - tried it - production mess, oily smoking mess. Labor intensive with lots of waste. I ended up breaking it down and smoking it in the bong

Infused on the inside with distillate - no idea how they do that. All I got was balls of distillate in my rolling stock.

Infused on the inside with added kief - couldn’t tell a big difference until I added so much it clogged.

Infused with terpenes - no idea how they do this - my guess was adding vape cart terps. That added smell, but no effect. I saw no value in doing this.

The ones I’ve bought that are infused on the inside seem to be bullshit marketing. None have separate COAs for the actual finished product. They list the ingredients with separate COAs for each, but never as a combined finished product. There’s no way to know what they really did or if they did anything other than slapping an infused label on the tube and call it special.

Here’s why I need help. As my wholesale salesperson is going out stores are asking for these and the guys that can give them something they’ll accept as an infused preroll are selling them by the hundreds. I need to get in the game even if it’s just a bullshit marketing game. How do I make something that can fill the order for an Infused Preroll?

3 Likes

Have you tried using a carrier/solvent? Perhaps a ethanol/cannabinoid mix misted onto a tube? Nice light applications, multiple times. Let them dry between each application(or dust), reducing your solutions solvent until you reach satisfaction? Like waxing a floor.

This is going to be pretty simple if you already have the preroll rolled. Are you trying to just infuse the tube?

2 Likes

When I said tube, I meant the plastic tube they are packaged in, not the preroll wrapper. Since I use a King Kone rolling machine, the wrappers can’t be pre-coated with anything or they will stick to the machine.

I tried mixing distillate in EtOH and adding it. Even after a week of air drying and an hour in the vacuum oven at 30 inches and 90 degrees, I could still taste the alcohol. The carrier solvent would need to be butane and pouring butane-rich solute onto weed sounds like an accident waiting to happen.

For infusion on the inside, prior to rolling it up, I’m struggling with an idea. As far as painting prerolls and making these, I’m out unless it’s a last resort.

This looks like it would plug and make a mess. I don’t see a way to do this in a machine process.

My Machine:

Have you tried the ice crush method? Take the distillate to a walk in freezer, freeze isolate, crush into powder and dust into flower, this is how a lot of D8 “infused” flower is made and as long as it’s done lightly and evenly it shouldn’t be too hard to machine roll it. This also bypasses any need for solvents so you don’t even need to retest your material.

You’ll have to use tiny amounts, which is personally why I suggest people stay away from pre-rolls because yeah, it’s mostly marketing BS.

10 Likes

Theres a brush you can buy to dip into hot dist to sort of paint onto your wraps

2 Likes

Heat, atomize.

Not simple, not impossible.

6 Likes

Paint brusshhhhhh

One I’m thinking of has silicone brushes I think

Not a plastic or fiber etc etc a rubber or something

1 Like

The canna industry is lovely isn’t it

4 Likes

Don’t usually do this but, fixed that for you.

1 Like

I don’t see what is fixed

I’m quite blind

But appreciate it lol

Now i see

Thanks Pepsi and Coca Cola for making marketing so blah

1 Like

I don’t want to make those. If that’s what it takes, I’ll just miss the business. I think they are drippy messy things you take to parties and show off to people that don’t know any better.

4 Likes

Thats what prerolls are yes. Custy material, people who don’t know or ever want to know how to roll smoke them.

Imo if you’re gonna make prerolls jus fill em with dank indoor without any concentrates

Theyll still sell fast

3 Likes

I have those and you are right, they sell like crazy in our stores. We’ve never needed infused prerolls before. It’s the wholesale customers asking for infused that has me scrambling to fill the need. I think what’s happening is that customers are getting ripped off on cheap prerolls so they are buying the “infused” ones to be sure and get high. It’s becoming a dog whistle for “These Work”

5 Likes

“Infused” lol

That word makes me laugh when it comes to flower. I don’t understand why they think infused means good and why they think flower can be “infused”. Its not an edible or food. Its spraying/mixing disty into flower not infusing. That’s probably the worst marketing I’ve seen for them the infused part.

People think it has concentrates so it MUST get me high and it must be amazing vs being skeptical of it being just a cash grab.

2 Likes

It’s way more hands on than what you’re doing with paper pre rolls. But the cart gun is great for applying 0.5G of disty into the middle of blunts (with the weed already evenly on the wrap) before you wrap it. Definitely need some workers but in my market they love the blunts and the distillate inside.

It’s so much work that you really don’t see quality ones a lot on the black market (atleast I don’t), so they sell very fast and can make great margins on them. Just very time consuming

1 Like

There is a T operator down the street from us that buys our nuggy trim and makes an infused preroll using what he says is water soluble d9 powder on the inside. Works well.

Our trim is roughly 20% and he gets coas back on the prerolls in the mid 30’s.

1 Like

i think the way to go is distillate and diamonds in the blunt…

Every blunt i smoke has about 1-1.5g of distillate in them…I love disty blunts. Putting it on the outside is such a waste, but inside its the bomb… if your doing on the outside you really dont give a shit about the customer because not all that is gonna be inhaled. Its a cool flex for the IG just like 1/4lb diamonds but who really smokes that shit.

If you really wanna get heady… I like to put 2g of flower, 2g of diamonds and 2g of distillate in a blunt…

I usually smoke them on christmas mornings and cool family holidays like that… but yeah i dont smoke flower without it drenched in distilate

This is the typical amount

12 Likes

I just made some backwoods with sauce brushed on inside, 3.5 g flower, .5g crumble, and then on the outside I brushed a little sauce and rolled in kief which is purely for looks

4 Likes

This. I love adding some thca inside my doobs.

2 Likes

thats the way…its not a visual flex, but if your putting that much distillate and diamonds/crumble and shit in there… Your gonna see it if a customer cracks open a blunt to see if your being on the up and up…

use real flower too… Trim is meant for extraction…NOT PREROLLS. Thats about the fastest way to lose clients… Who ever uses trim for prerolls, i wonder if they smoke trim too??? that shit is wack!

6 Likes