Making Infused Prerolls - Are they real or just marketing?

I know a ton of people who just never learned how to roll a blunt. You just gotta buy a pack and fuck a few up, it’s easier than joints if you’re able to do that.

4 Likes

While sitting in your car bumping early 2000’s hip hop

5 Likes

It was all dutchmasters by me. A split between people who pulled the outer leaf whole (after giving the cigar a disgusting blowjob) and the more sanitary people who cut it down the middle.

2 Likes

I originally started will Phillies Titans to Garcia Vegas to Dutch master palmas.

Now to hemp blunts.

1 Like

White owls were my go to. I used the pinch and rip technique. Then slobbered all over it.

3 Likes

I’m running low but I still got about 180 blunts here.

5 Likes

Ok. I tried the competitors first stone of the day.

It lit like a flare, but died down and started burning. The paper burned ahead of the weed with the distillate melting and vaporizing. It was a hot smoke. Very harsh and lots of smoke in the room. It got me pretty high. Not dab-high, but as good as bong-high and faster than my premium prerolls. It did not last long at all. It was pretty tapered in 45 min to an hour.

The taste was burning paper, plastic and ammonia with vegetal cannabis smells. It was smoking for effect, not enjoyment. Nothing to taste here. Just exhale and hit it.

I’ll try mine tomorrow and see.

I’m grateful for all the feedback today.

6 Likes

I’m interested in this market too. The best boutique preroll I found was Packwoods. An infused blunt. No tobacco. Glass tip. Retail bit less than $40.00 ea 2 gr.
Tastes good unlit. Glass filter is very nice. Kiev on outside, not a fan. Not super terped. Others do foo foo tastes better. Burn is ok, same problem at same point on blunt with improper burning.

For the k9ney I still expect crippling potency. Not the case. Pleasurable at best.

I’m wanting connoisseur cured old school weed and natural infusions. Hash maybe some tasty honeycomb crumble. I’m in to learning the art of curing and flavoring pipe and cigar tobaccos. I can’t do tobacco in any form there. Cannabis can parallel the tobacco dry/cure process. There is much to learn for those not into the cookie cutter varieties of today.

This is what I’m focusing my niche market on. The $25 wholesale handmade preroll.

Here are pics of the $40 Packwoods joint blunt

1 Like

These garbage blunts are what gave me the idea to make my own Diamond Doobs packed in Doob Tubes. I even use the same glass filters. People been going crazy for them.

7 Likes

I have tried several other ideas. This was last nights. It obliterated me. It’s was a half gram shot. @Killa12345

3 Likes

Back in the day when I lived in South America we would use a small toenail scissor to break up the hash and mix it with tobacco/bud. It worked fine because the hash had a dry consistency and the scissor would break larger chunks into manageable sizes and also mix in with the bud at the same time.

When I moved back to the US I could not find the same type of hash, but used a similar technique and it worked better than before. I would grind an amount of bud lets call it 2g’s and then drop a whole gram of wax/distillate on top, then heat up the scissor and chop away at the bud/wax for an even mixture. Sometimes you would have to heat up the scissor again so the wax wouldnt stick to it and then back to chopping away. By the end you had a great infused bud that had wax very evenly distributed between the bud…
I would then take that ‘infused’ bud and mix it with regular bud at the ratio desired. For example I would take another 2 grams of fresh ground bud and mix it with the infused 2 grams and then would roll my joints with it. The fresh buds would help with the stickiness and made it easier to roll by hand.
It worked great and I think it could be scalable for large production because you wont need to hand roll everything… Just ‘infuse’ a batch, mix it with some other non infused batch and homogenize… then use your standard cone filling machine to pump those out… obviously I wouldnt recommend a scissor for large scale but you got the idea.

6 Likes

This is great! My partner and I went through this same process in 2017. The result to get a preroll that can sell at such a low price was very very pretty and packaged well on the outside but behind the scenes was a nightmare of a situation.

You have put more work into this then the majority of the US market did Ill tell you that, so pat yourself on the back! :beers::beers:

2 Likes

What has surprised me is the pushback I’ve gotten on this idea from our dispensary managers. They keep telling me the customer wants to see it on the outside, all caked on. I don’t get it.

3 Likes

The custy is always right. (They’re wrong, but take their money)

3 Likes

Use thca that’s been mulled to mix with the ground up weed @ around a %20 ratio. 1g joint 0.8g weed and 0.2g thca.

Stop playing with coating the outside.

Use preroll cones to fill

4 Likes

I’m headed in that direction.

I’ve got some mojinating to blend on Tuesday.

Mulled? Actually, I have a centrifuge arriving Tuesday and I’d thought of using the spun sauce.

I used 20ml of the sauce off of this in 200 grams. It smelled insane.

If elected tl4, I would release my super secret joint injection tek the same day

7 Likes

I feel like you could probably get a cart filler to fill preroll pretty efficiently and effectively.

2 Likes

Cbg uptakes through a different receptor than cbd and thc, so you don’t have to be concerned with it blocking the thc uptake. I would guess it is cheaper than thc material. You could make the preroll get people high with what is inside and use cbg as the decoration for the outside. No one would ever know the difference.

1 Like

I bet @RockSteady knows the best way to do this, after all the gemstick looks pretty damn uniform from what I’ve seen

How do you apply your actives to your cones ?

3 Likes