Making diamonds THCa

Cold crash isn’t necessary. You don’t want it over saturated. Cap when it’s a honey consistency or slightly thinner. If it’s too thick the thca can’t move freely.

5 Likes

What’s a seed ? A already started baby diamond ?

Yes, a seed is an already formed diamond that you can use to help initiate growth faster. Also unnecessary.

4 Likes

Thank you guys I appreciate and I am not trying too be disrespectful I want make quality stuff and be safe too

3 Likes

What’s quality for you? What you put in, what you get out that’s a good law if we talking about final product.If we talking about THC potency you maybe can go for distillate

The one that is dark was some older material from my outdoor grow Not the best

Ok, so that looks like when I first tried it.

You didn’t leave enough butane most likely.

Like @WhereAreTheStones said, cap it when it’s like honey. I actually cap when it’s slightly more runny now, but that’s a good starting point.

If you want a fast crash, with smaller crystals, put it on a seedling heat mat. In a couple of days you should have something.

Shit, if you put what you have on a mat, cap it and wait, I imagine you’ll get some applesauce. (tiny crystals mixed with the high terpene fraction)

1 Like

I think i read somewhere, ‘hot’ pentane, then slower cool = bigger crystals. Did i do it right? :crazy_face:

Haven’t messed with pentane lol.

This is what I’m talking about.

@Kiowa30, read that thread, I would say running that method is a good starting point with making crystals.

4 Likes

@raghanded JAPR amiright?! :joy:

Pentane would work if you have your oil in jars already and you evaporated the butane. I did this recently with a run I took 3 jars and put them into one with pentane it was probably 60 grams of oil and I filled the Mason jar to the 75ml mark with pentane and let it get to the honey consistency and then capped it with a thumbtack hole in the metal lid. Once I put it on a heat source with about 90-95f the diamonds started within hours and I let them grow until they stopped then dumped the rest of it into another jar and had some decent stones!

Good luck bro! There is so much information available with that search bar! Just think of keywords to search and you will find popular posts that have all the answers!

16 Likes

have you played with making SUGAR crystals?

it really does help get the concepts across. it’s way safer too.

8 Likes

I need learn more about that too for sure

Gonna runs some nice popcorn buds I got dry ice this time

1 Like

So instead of using a jar I can just leave my oil in the bottom of my closed loop system after I got evaporated down to where it’s slightly syrup?!and leave it capped shut

I would try to get it all into a Mason jar bro. It’s certainly possible to make diamonds in the collection but its gonna be much easier with the Mason jar for what your doing I believe.

2 Likes

Yes, you can definitely grow in the collection if it’s convenient for you. Does your collection have sight glasses so you can monitor the growth?

How many days was this?

I am just worried the jar will break I read that you burp them few times Does it need pressure like that to form ?

It takes a lot to break a jar. The lid will buckle before the jar will break, unless the jar is damaged. If you reach the correct saturation level before you cap there’s no need to burp.

5 Likes