Low yielding biomass, SOP for Biomass potency testing, and thoughts

Here’s the deal I made a large Biomass purchase and 1/10th of the way into the order I noticed a extremely low yield so I took samples of my ran material and also equal samples from my fresh material and did some testing.
That being said I also separately did a home test for residual solvents before purchase to see if it had already been used using a home flex gas detector only 3 bags out of 60 had issues. To the point - what I’m looking to get insight on is:

—Anyone’s thoughts on these analytics?
— industry standards for potency testing biomass
— if scammed thoughts on how they reduced the cannabinoid content so much

1 Like

that looks like post extraction to me…

6 Likes

Yup, them’s post extraction numbers.

1 Like

This is almost certain post extraction by means of Bho or PHO and vacuumed the biomass in a pot or oven
Not a strain in this world with sutch low yields to my knowledge

Can someone give the forum they’re SOP’s for testing Biomass, obviously there are huge inconsistencies throughout the bag so it would be interesting to see the most accurate way to accumulate data other than running it first and asking questions later .

1 Like

Hmm ok this is how I do it
I take aboat 10 samples of every 1000 kg of biomass
Al in different locations of. The heap
I dig and I pull looking at similarity of the biomass by sight and smell and texture (moist)
Once collected I take all samples and place them on a table 5 gr each
Vieuw them again I then take a few 1 gr samples and the rest I shove into a open blast tube and blast out with some lighter fluid cans
Collect the oil take a 1 gr sample
And this go s to the lab if potency is
40% thc a in the oil it s crap
At 55% thc a it s starting to look ok
At 65% thc a I go for sure if the price is right
Seeds involved you can ad approx 5% thc a once deseeded

1 Like

light a sample of the biomass on fire and take note of the reaction

4 Likes

Post extraction material… Don’t be fooled by kief pollen . Kief equals around 30%thc I think…so the other 70%is just yellow pollen

Could this be some kind hemp maybe

Looks like regular post processed material . Get a scope look at at the trichome heads if there ruptured, broken , or just plain old gone for that matter . Its not quite as easy with the naked eye always. Lots of post processed material going around these days . I have recently heard many horror stories of people loosing insane amounts of money over this. Squeeze the material and look at the residue on your hands i see a lot of people do this . Smell isn’t always everything. Look at trichome structure . They sell cheap 1000-2000$ uv light testing devices that are small and portable and can connect to your phone. Not sure about the quality though never used one .If possible purchase small quantities to do a test run on. Just my 2 cents . Most people i know have ran into this issue before ! More common than you would think Especially around this time of the year . Stay away from old last years outdoor trim . Mainly only post processed material left. I’ve also heard a lot of cbd biomass being sold as thc biomass lol .

5 Likes