Solvent to material ratio

Hello I am wondering what everyone’s general solvent to material ratio is. I started out doing 5:1 now I have a 50 lb tank and am doing a 10:1 ratio and seem to be getting the same amount of yeild and everything seems to be the same just more solvent being used. I’m sure the yeild wouldn’t increase due to the amount of solvent used since yeild is based off quality and amount of material used. But I’m wondering if my ratio is over board or just right to strip everything out?

1 Like

Warm Bhopal single wash I use 4 butane to 1biomass
Dry ice cold washes I use 6 butane to 1 biomass

1 Like

Depends on material really. If i do a 10:1 on some strains yield does increase. Others yield is same. I do anywhere from 6:1 to 10:1 dependent on material

What is the your typical yeild percentage

That’s a difficult question
My best answer is there is about 1.5% left on spend biomass

4 Likes

I’m curious about your end yeild on oil based on how much material you use versus how much oil you get back

No every biomass is different
Every grow has it a own amount of cannabinoids and terps
Even waxes differ
Take a crop that has been grown in a cold atmosphere and more wax on that biomass seems like a great yield but turns out to be wax
So if you run prime buds not ground up to much 23% yield is possible some even higher but if your bud is crap then 6% yield is possible
Same with clippings I have had 15% on clippings and 4%

7 Likes

That is an awesome answer, thanks

1 Like

Generally what I have heard from our clients is they do a 8:1 extraction ratio. You can always do a secondary extraction where you do a 2:1 on your second extraction if you feel you need that

yep, we heard you, however, what is way more informative is extraction efficiency: the % of cannabinoids in your starting material that end up in your product.

That stays a lot more stable across varying input, and actually lets you know if the last change you made was helpful

yeah, it requires some form of In House analytics but that could be as simple as TLC.

Start with a kg at 10%THCA , and get 100g of THCA out, and you da man!

…but you won’t, and shouldn’t try more that a couple of times…just to prove to yourself that it’s not actually worth the effort…

there are COA’s for once & twice extracted material posted here

2 Likes