Looking for work in LA/Consultations now being accepted nation wide

So my lab inLos Angeles shut down a few months ago due to a shitty ceo and bad investors. And I’m basically out of savings. I dedicated the last two plus years building out their lab and being the lab manager. My company was Quail Extracts if you wanna see my work on IG. In 08 I started growing, in 2010-2011 I started BHO extracting and haven’t stopped since. I can give SOPs for certain consistencies. I can make distillate. Help with grows that are struggling. I have a good fast tek for sauce carts. So if anyone needs any consults let me know. I’m already tripping on how I’m paying rent this month.
I did a sauce cart consult for a “friend”, who’s also a member on here, a few months ago and at the end of the day he said he only had $300. Which was like 1/5 of what we agreed on. I said fine and pay me the rest over the next two months. He came through one month. And the next which was last week only had half of what he owes me. That was supposed to be my rent for this month.

5 Likes

Apply your cannabis hustle in other places. It’s plain to see you’ll put in the work. Tough times call for tough measures. Hit up homies and sell labor, sell your heady rig, sell, sell, sell.

3 Likes

Your skillset might be more valuable in a newer market if you’re willing to move. It’s tough finding a more expensive place to live than LA

7 Likes

“Eastbound and down…loaded up and truckin”
Skill sets in new markets is where you need to be friend.

7 Likes

I’m down for whatever industry pays more than minimum wage, last case resort I’m down for that. Any suggestions on what new markets to try out? I was thinking alcohol distillation? I’m already working on doordash for my rent at the moment thanks to an awesome call with @StoneD ,
But I assume there are other markets closely related to us that pertain. All suggestions are welcome. Thanks for your time

7 Likes

Micro brewery’s use a lot the same equipment, just another place to put in applications

Good luck my friend things will come right when you need it
:green_heart::facepunch:

I would add to the title looking for any canna job in the LA area

6 Likes

@Darrenjaydirect your from the LA area … Can you point my man to some canna extraction facilities that may need help or help him find a job he’s great guy !

4 Likes

I took a big loss from my first time in LA. Took another big loss trying to figure out my next move (San Fran)…

Ultimately. After getting my ass handed to me financially by California. I went back to my only support system in Texas. Paid for a home in cash and planned for over a year+ how to get out of Texas and into a lab.

Sometimes you gotta hit the brakes and really make a plan to succeed.

Oklahoma is beautiful and affordable in the corner we’re at.

I wish you luck, but know nobody paying correctly to point your direction. 25hr is hard enough to live on out there. I have yet to even see that pay range.

Consults Nation wide is a good idea. I like that idea and hustle. Finding someone in need for something you can teach is valuable.

9 Likes

Right after I got robbed and had a few hundred bucks left to my name, I decided to take on an in person consult. I didn’t get paid up front and I was eager to get the job done. I grabbed a 100 lb solvent tank and loaded it in the prius and drove down to LA sunday night to meet Mr platinum Monday morning (user on here I’d rather not tag for the sake of drama) well he ghosted me and I had to sell weed to make it back home in Sacramento. Moral of the story is get paid up front. If not possible to get full payment you better be ready to hustle your way to paying rent, or start taking feet pics…

10 Likes

Distilleries as well. Caught this out touring Sazerac House in New Orleans last week.

7 Likes

Lots of jobs in the us. You may have to move to stay in the industry and make a living wage.

I get offered 80k jobs every week so I know people are hiring regularly for lab manager positions.

Try finding a place with a low cost of living.

6 Likes

I have heard this same story so many times where a good worker sets up and manages the lab then the shitty ceo/investors either fire the person after the lab is up and running or the business goes under due to shitty management.

I think LA is a special beast that can get hard to see out of once you’re in it for so long. It’s basically a cannabis-centered metropolis like none other and is kind of it’s own separate market.

Even within California I hear brokers talking about “LA prices” like it’s different from the rest of CA.

I don’t really know you at all but I would vote for getting out of LA. It may not seem like it in LA, but your skills are more valuable in other markets like others have already said. Shit wasn’t there a job in the jobs thread recently in South Dakota for like $100K/year or something?

Sucks to hear about a person who can setup/operate a lab having to resort to doordash, but good on ya for doing what needs to be done.

Good luck.

7 Likes

I made $600 in one week doing it in my free time…yeah it sucks but it’s almost guaranteed. If they’d only had door dash back in my drug days I might not started stealing from dept. Stores lol

Don’t give up but everyone is right Cali is the worst market to work imo.

Gonna keep checking on you and if we have to 50-100$ each to get u by one month to get u where ur back on ur feet we will @Gumby

I’ll even see about a distillate consult for u

7 Likes

Where bc shit I’m moving to south Dakota then

1 Like
1 Like

For some reason I didn’t expect you to drive a Prius. Must be the avatar.

6 Likes

I thought the same the first time we met

3 Likes

Where are you located? I need someone to run a lab in Eureka, CA if you’re interested.

What experience do you have?

Hydrocarbon and distillation experience?

8 Likes

I drive a mid 2000s jeep family version lifted up on mudd tires…would you ever believe it? Lol I bet y’all would bc I live in the dirty south.

31x10.5 tires is the smallest size sold for miles
… anything smaller goes on my lawnmower

2 Likes

Same dude that owes me

5 Likes