Looking for cannabis derived terpenes

Microwave essential oils are pretty much crap from all that I’ve smelled. We tired a system once…I have some from a pound of Lemon Tree flower that I use as a cautionary tale when people visit.

The purple water is your anthocyanins.

1 Like

I wonder why the difference? I have read in several research papers that heat-labile terpenes can easily be degraded by high microwave power.

The difficulty in producing nice terpenes in a microwave is finding a balance between: highest potential yield, time of MW exposure, strength of MW power.

We’ve gotten some bad results running for long periods with high power and great results with high power low time, and each batch of biomass is different.

1 Like

I think “great” depends on what you’re used to. Took one run before I knew I had wasted mine and the demo company’s time.

We did short runs for the flower vs other biomass, that worked “best” in our demo. It’s really only efficient with flower and these terpene machine companies don’t get the numbers that are needed.

One company bragged about 1.5 oz in a 4 hour run. That profile was crap because they were going from flower and claiming flower test results. If you understand why you’re doing something, ok. But it’s frustrating to see a company make anything from cannabis and just lie about what their machine makes. You’re not making lemon oil here…

I’ll post the profiles the microwave profiles. The results are ok, but we weren’t trying to cut them off which is why it’s not viable. If the off smells are unbearable from this technique at low power, well…do the math.

I have hemp terps that are pretty close at a 10th of the price. I have pesticide screening for them. The only issue is they are almost out. oh well

2 Likes

We’re trying out hemp terps for our CBD products. So far only one European group has come close to anything we’d buy.

Bring some if you come out our way.

2 Likes

I have the same hemp terps as qma. I personally think they are some of the best tasting terps ive ever tried. Some real live resin pens have a peppery taste i feel. The hemp terps we have bought from the US were very good. Very Cheap relative to actual THC derived terps, and really not very different from the cost of Floraplex Terpenes.

If i can get a small jar i can put a sample in, id be happy to send you a ml or 2 to sample.

5 Likes

I know that european group u speak of. It is harder to import from outta country. I know all their prices and flavors. They utilize the exact steam method you hate

@Killa12345 he found my other plug lol terps aint it for me it seems :joy::rofl: :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

I’d like to try if at all possible @Killa12345

1 Like

I got you on jars and fep seals, sent it to canada, noooo problem

2 Likes

@qma Verified. The suver haze is nice and smells more like cannabis then my other mj steam terps I got locally too. Colour is on point too @drjackhughes , I know you didnt like that with other brands. Truly suver haze is a large step above what is normally thought of as hemp. That said, so far I have only had the chance to try some mixed with sour pebbles amped up from @FloraplexTerpenes , let me tell you, I cant stop hitting it.

I really only offered them up to @drjackhughes because he seems to be the resident terpene expert here. After watching his speech at microscopes and machines, i havent heard anyone putting as much research as that guy. His part on the D10a and D6a was super intriguing.

I had to purchase all my terpenes. I bought all mine from @colombiabeneficial. He sent me a sample before i bought a liter. @The_Lone_Stiller id suggest reaching out to @colombiabeneficial if you would like a sample. I was just willing to send @drjackhughes some out of my head stash to get his opinion.

10 Likes

I’ll take small samples from whoever. We’re just trying to figure out if it’s viable.

3 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 72 hours unless flagged)

You from BC right? Are you on IG? We should have a talk, I am in Quebec :wink: Look like we are both terpenes addicted lol

3 Likes

got nepali cannabis terpenes, so far guys did 2 strains. this season doing many phenos. you want can ship u some samples.

2 Likes

i can send you samples of our nepali strains for you collection?

2 Likes

Still need cannabis terps?

i need terps can are safe to ship world wide, that dont contain anything harmful like vitamin E, etc

1 Like

I say the best bet would be to wait for a lil but until some more testing is done.

@Betroit

3 Likes