Looking for c1d1 extraction booth

eeew The start of all that

never trust a guy who says How are you. Also = whats a c1 d1 and a freezer for food have in common? I am seeing thingsā€¦

1 Like

Walls

1 Like

And fans! Thereā€™s fansā€¦
Iā€™ll go back to the cornerā€¦

1 Like

He was asking what the C1D1 booth had in common with a walk in freezer. Itā€™s the walls

1 Like

My bad, I was thinking in generalities

I would / will not these days. Maybe I will again one day

1 Like

Iā€™m looking for a used C1D1 under $15k thatā€™s complete. Any time I ask a vendor they treat me like the game show host in Billy Madison when he gives a wrong answer. I donā€™t need the condescension or to be patted on the head like a little kid. I just need a straight answer from a straight person. Not someone making a joke at my expense.

You will not get a booth for that price. Period.

The cost of materials alone for a decent booth is approaching $12.5k for a 10x10x10.

You want to build one yourself you MIGHT spend that little on materials, by the time you finish out with labor for installation, loss of operating revenue, etc youā€™ll be in over $15k.

0.02Ā¢

6 Likes

1 Like

Is it the components or the sign-offs driving that? The equipment does not look that expensive for the basics. I donā€™t need electrical outlets in the booth, everything is passive. What Iā€™m most worried about is leak detection interfaced with a fan controller and warning system. Iā€™m outside 90% of AHJ with only the state fire marshal to satisfy. That will be referred to the local fire department which is volunteer. Theyā€™ve approved repurposed paint booths for certificates of compliance.

I called pinnacle for the control system for their c1d1 booth and it was close to 18k alone

This makes me want to play with arduino boards again. :thinking:

I canā€™t imagine a board being that hard to manage, a switch, and gas detection sensors, would just be a matter of figuring out plug ins.

1 Like

So, your best bet is custom sheet metal panels. 18GA or thicker

This requires the shop to have a plasma cutter, and to dedicate about a few hours to cutting your order to size, then if you wish to have it coated (definitely recommend this) it has to be either done before cutting or after. Another few hours for the manufacturer.

Other option is prefabbed panels.

For a 10x10 I doubt you can find this for less than 5k. My booth guy (if Iā€™m not using @c1d1labsā€”who is almost exclusively who I get booths from) usually charges about $7.5k to 10k for this size room.

Electrical components (I.e. the sniffer) is quite expensive, you MIGHT be able to find a used one for $1-2k if youā€™re lucky, but then you have to buy calibration standards and calibrate it.

Lights will run you another $1k ish for the booth.

Fans and fan flanges will run you about $1-2k.

Then you have to think about finishes, fire caulking, penetration protection, fire suppression etc. add another $2-5k.

If you want someone to assemble it and ā€œdeliverā€ it to you as a finished good assume (i.e. bring pieces and assemble) add at least 25%

Assume a minimum of $16,000 (this is the price I could deliver in the event that I got super lucky on used every thing).

Assume a maximum of $25,000 (if I was moving quickly and didnā€™t have to worry about AHJs and installed it all myself).

You ought to budget $30,000 for such a buildout if you expect to have a top quality booth and perfect finishes etc.

Iā€™m always to come back down to your spot for a flat rate and catch up anyways! You guys were super kind and it was a good brainstorm

3 Likes

Wow. I guess Iā€™ll shut this money maker down and go back to selling cars. Youā€™ve all convinced me I am Billy Madison.

Probably not much of a money maker if you canā€™t justify the cost of the safety enclosure it goes into.

4 Likes

All I can say is thank god Washington doesnā€™t require the room be c1d1.

Iā€™m still building it as close to c1d1 as I can, but definitely didnā€™t line the walls with metal. Double 5/8ā€ drywall

3 Likes

Seems the only ones making any real money are the guys writing all the rules and the vendors that help them write them as strictly as possible.

Iā€™ll just stay in the shed.

5 Likes

You have to spend more than you planned on spendingā€¦but you didnā€™t budget based on advice and expertise, you based it on what you thought was adequate.

It wasnā€™t adequate.

You donā€™t build a chemical processing facility and say ā€œthe safety part, the most critical piece of infrastructure, is too expensive.ā€ you havenā€™t even touched the expense iceberg.

If you want to cheap out here, then stick with the grows, youā€™ll be strapped after a quarter of operating.

Just being honest.

8 Likes

Well, there you have it. Iā€™ll just go grow.