LOOK INTO MY EYES | CORVAIN COOPER [incarcerated for cannabis]

Your shit was so long ago… Usually it’s 10 years. I was told I can stop putting it on job applications after 10 years. (I’m not sure about that.)

1 Like

Felonies may prohibit you from entering some countries (depends on the laws of the country your trying to visit) but they can’t stop you from getting a passport. Voting laws are by state, your felony was in Florida, Florida has shitty laws for felons voting( though I believe that has recently changed) but Michigan allows felons to vote, just not while incarcerated.

5 Likes

Depends on the company and the background checks. I know when getting red badged to work at nukes criminal records won’t necessarily flag you as long as you disclose EVERYTHING, seen bad credit records get guys turned around more often than records, and most guys in the trades have one.

6 Likes

Honesty is always the best policy!

2 Likes

Ask me how I know

Hash felon here. Was red badged for over 8 years up until January when I left their employment for bigger brighter horizons.

4 Likes

I was facing LIFE for non-violent cannabis related offenses in 2018. As of 2021 I have no criminal record. The system is garbage, people who support our police have likely never been in my shoes. Cross your T’s dot your I’s and hire quality council… and most importantly don’t divulge information to the enemy!

6 Likes

Im a felon. I can’t own a gun but I can vote own a passport and I have a mj badge here working in co. Just can’t own a gun is the only kick in the nuts. Not sure sure your po said that but its a lie.

2 Likes

What trade?

1 Like

Machinist

1 Like

What’s up, @Montel ? How’s everything going in Sacramento and DC?

1 Like

I got my record expunged after 10 this last spring years and now I can do all those things

Only $1400 and a few months wait.

2 Likes

When I got pulled over I knew I was fucked - before I even told the cop my name I said “I’D LIKE TO SPEAK TO A LAWYER PLEASE” and every word after that aside from identifying info when asked was ‘lawyer please’.

The please worked out well. The second time I got arrested they gave me donuts via my politeness tactic. The first time I tried to give the thumbs up in my mugshot every time they’d take it so they handcuffed me to the wall and said they’d kick my ass if I did it again. I’d still do it again.

3 Likes

When talking to the police (with or without an attorney present):

1 Like

I have one of the top lawyers in Michigan on retainer. I asked about expungement, he said nope. Not with my prior charges. I asked this 8yrs ago.

2 Likes

You need what’s known as a “restoration of rights” - bit different than an expungement and way more fucking expensive. I’ve been looking into it, myself. Expect upper 4fig to lower 5fig costs. Ain’t cheap.

3 Likes

Talk to a new lawyer.

My charges were all non-violent pot growing charges.

I don’t how expungement works for crimes with victims or gun charges.

3 Likes

When the raid came I knew I was in trouble. The crazy part was when they put me on jail, they locked me in a room with no running water. They didn’t let ma call my lawyer or charge me for 14 days! They were pretty surprised when they finally got handed a phone and dialed my criminal defense attorney’s number by memory!

Did my 168 mo in da fed and currently own a licensed grow and processing facility. The true measure of character is how one handles adversity, not how they deal with success.

8 Likes

Did prop 207 help you out at all?

A post was merged into an existing topic: Montel MegaPost