Lets set D8 straight

That sucks. April fools no?

5 Likes

Unless they have the EXACT same setup parameters can always change for a few different variables. So don’t say that they are part of the sop, which is why I always encourage those whom are unsure of what ones to run to ask.

2 Likes

I would tend to say no, as H2O2 is aqueous and water is only soluble in heptane at about 0.01% w/w. You might get a bit of CBN but due to miscibility issues I doubt you will see too much.

Now, if you had iodine (I2) on the other hand…

2 Likes

It’s a good place to start. I’d rather ask their setup and parameters than just throw guesses at the wall till something sticks. But I guess I’d rather ask for help then think I know everything.

1 Like

To be fair the method I developed is not for beginners. There’s lots of variables and it’s easy to go wrong. It’s extremely exothermic and volatile. Part of the reason I haven’t given people more information on it is because of the dangers posed. If everyone tried it there’s a good chance it would be catastrophic for at least a few of them. Even the water washes during neutralization can be violently exothermic if done wrong. I think there’s plenty of members here that would be able to get it no problem, and then there’s the lurkers and the rest of these people that don’t contribute and don’t know what they’re doing. They’re looking for instructions and steps to follow that their wooks can do and my sop will lead them down a dark and dangerous hallway with no flashlight. It’s 100% reproduce-able and scaleable up to a certain degree, at some point scaling just becomes too dangerous, and that means it’s something I don’t condone untrained, unsupervised individuals try. The other part of the reason I haven’t shared it is financial reasons. At some point in the future I’ll be sharing all the details publicly and for free, but for right now I’m getting paid and can’t release that information in whole.

However I’ll say this to help you along. the 99% tac is from distillation and not from the reaction. It certainly helps to have a solid method for making d8 and the d9 content is due to something else. But if total cannabinoid percentage being 99% is all you’re after then it can be achieved in an spd or wiper using specific parameters. Also I reuse my solvent as it has a tiny bit of water in it and I’ve seen direct results to support a higher tac and lower d9 when reusing wet solvent vs fresh dry solvent. Also I never run d8 with an inert gas that just led to higher d9 content in the final product. Using hexane seems to produce the best results but leads to red oil. Also it’s super volatile so running at high temps causes the hexane to mass evaporate during an extremely sketchy few minutes. Using toluene eliminates both the color and this exothermic issue as the toluene boiling point is high enough to act as a kind of heat sink, so when the temp rises it never exceeds a certain point, however I’ve not been able to get toluene to play well with other pieces of equipment like the rotovap. Solvent recovery is a bitch and the toluene is extremely aromatic and will gas you out of a room if you’re not using PPE while transferring solvent.

5 Likes

Thanks for all the hints in there… i wouldnt really expect the people to give their SOPs away which is why i thought this thread was gonna be a bit weird as some of you are way ahead of the curve it seems.

But i think you gave these guys somethings to think about when constructing their own SOP… Thanks for the advice!

5 Likes

Your solvent isn’t what’s causing the exothermic reaction it’s the acid. There’s a reason that hexane once hitting its bp, which is normal during adding ptsa to the reaction. You’re quite literally acid degrading the oil color with a minimal amount of solvent in there.

1 Like

I didn’t say the solvent cause the exothermic activity, I just described the problem with the solvent. I’m very aware of what’s occurring during my reaction and don’t need input, thanks.

5 Likes

Reminds me of the Pink house…pushing videos to youtube showing open blasting from 100lb tanks into 5gal buckets.

Talk about scaling past sane…

4 Likes

Yes there’s a certain point at which it just isn’t safe or smart to keep scaling.

1 Like

This is what will lead a few to that. Just saying… you make it look as if the change of solvent lessened your exothermic reactivity, all you’re doing is changing the volatility point in the solution using a higher bp solvent.

AND if you know what you’re doing, and how to design your process appropriately, you can convince folks to pay you to potentially wreak massive havoc by scaling well past there :shushing_face:

1 Like

Use the whole quote, the very next line explained this. Take your bullshit elsewhere. I don’t need or want it.

@Cheebachiefextracts

4 Likes

Agreed

Meh. Show me the specific heat numbers for both, then we can discuss what’s going on here…

Cause if it takes more calories to raise a ml it toluene than a ml of hexane (assuming V:W for solvent:CBD) then @DUMPSTERFIREOG’s description is at least as accurate…

1 Like

Cause the solvent changes the exothermic reaction not the volatile point right? :man_facepalming:t3: Put your ego to the side bud. The only thing that will change this from being ā€œextremely exothermic & volatileā€ as you described it is controlling your temperature via the jacket.

I’m really not sure what your rambling about

Edit: I explained it well enough if you don’t seem to understand it that’s more on you than it is on me

Nice deflection there. Have a great day! Try not to put anymore red oil on the market :call_me_hand:t3:

1 Like

For sure buddy and while you’re at it why don’t you pay that guy back for that consultation you ripped him off for.

2 Likes

I personally have only seen a 8-10c max increase while using toluene, which has also been described while using heptane & hexane as well. I recently have seen a post stating hexane can see up to 20-25c increase. Given hopefully most folks are running room temp that would allow for hexane to be above its bp & not having a inert blanket will be extremely volatile. No matter what it will be exothermic, you can control how volatile your reaction solution gets, & by doing so you control the surface area for reaction sites of the compounds. Lessening your chance of ā€œburning or over cookingā€.

Lmao burning? You clearly don’t have the vocabulary to even have this discussion.

1 Like