I did get it squared away with USALABS. Our results came back from that rxn at 92.5% TAC with 84%D8, 8.4%D9 as confirmed by KCA. I have since ordered a drum of hexane as I have heard it is a cleaner/lower temp rxn but the shipment has been delayed.
How did you feel about the hexane run? It seems what you have in your flask seems very close to the color of what we were achieving via heptane.
So far so good. Ill definitely know by midday tomorrow at least for a benchmark before I send it off to kca.
That’s great you are back in action.
Why not ask the few people who have gotten high tac with ultra low d9 thc.
I know
@TennesseeJed
@BluegrassCBD
@DUMPSTERFIREOG
Have all gotten kca to confirm 98%+tac with under 2% d9thc and some under 1%. Why aren’t you guys starting with their sop.
They seem the closest to the promise land. Why not improve their sop as they are points away.
![]()
Don’t know their sop. If I did I’d try it.
Yeah man, I would definitely run their SOP if I knew it.
Maybe they would share. That’s why I tagged them in.
No offense to all the people in here but I know several members are on the brink of complaint and almost no unknowns. Why not start there. It just doesn’t make sense to me to be working backwards when there are several members close to the goal already
Lol is this where I break out my “will suck dick for 98% TAC SOP” t-shirt to sweeten the deal??
Upon further consideration, I believe argon is the missing piece in my case. I have been looking online trying to find the correct fittings for my reactor. The next run I do will be done under inert.
I decided to try a little experiment that has been nagging me for a while. I took 15g of d8 distillate and emulsified it in 100ml of heptane. I got it up to 60C on the hotplate and added a “splash” of 30% H2O2. Full stir for a little over an hour now. What are the chances that I have CBN in any meaningful amount?
Here I is. Ill share a virtual doobie for the knowledge.
![]()
SEND THEM BOYS THE WALKIES
If they decide not to share a friend of mine would like you to see if their group is accepting members?
His strengths include
Handheld communication
General horseplay
Wholesale champion
Cause it’s not just the sop, it’s the parameters while being ran. A lot of the folks getting that tac & cannabinoid content are using the same sop, just under very specific parameters.
If they are hitting 98-99% TAC wouldn’t it be safe to say the remaining unknown percentage could be a impurity originating from the isolate that is not a cannabinoid? Or possibly minors that convert to something that isn’t a common standard most have? Maybe test the isolate prior for trace amounts pigments/fats/waxes/pests or any other impurity rather than reading a 99.9 potency and thinking cbd is all it is.
Correct me if I’m wrong but all isolate I’ve seen melted has color wouldn’t that be a sign there’s something else present?
Idk seems like their may be a way to separate thru polarity(or is this a nogo cause avoiding chromo was mentioned) maybe filter thru different medias that could attract what it is. Seems it’d be much easier to test for what we know is pulled in extracts in the isolate vs what it can be converted too as I’m sure most the standards are already in place, if that were the case
most quality d8 is made with PTSA; what matters tho is the cook time; as the reaction goes something like this CBD → d9 → d8, CBD first goes to D9 and then the double bond is reduced to make d8; reaction time & temp is super important as if it goes for too long(and theres enough left over acid and enough energy in the system) then that d9 thats been reduce to d8 will further be reduced to something unknown.
so two key varibles here are reaction time and stoichiometrics. Heat is also a big factor; going colder will result in a slower reaction; but there is the potential for less thermal degradation and potentially less energy for side reactions to occur.
big factors are also; solvent purity; reactor cleanliness, gas purity and dryness, isolate purity and dryness theres a lot of potential variables here, and many opportunities to cross contaminate.
Is there any literature regarding the reaction pathway? Is d9 always an intermediate?
I would say the parameters are part of the SOP, and if thats the case… why not use their parameters?? obviously, they are doing something a lot of people on this site are missing.
That was exactly reason mentioned when i questioned the unknowns… They mentioned the isolate was in the lower 99% range which lead to the unknowns.

