Label printer and labeler

Why do I feel like there’s going to be a few of these printers being shipped from OK addresses on the used market coming up soon :smiley:

giphy (61)

1 Like

The EcoTank pro’s use really nice pigment based ink, and Epson is running a promo, 2 years of ink for free… That’s alota labels… Really only good for a smaller shops though.can only print standard sizes media.

Here is a picture of the print quality of the L801. I have noticed that there is more lines and striations in the print when I run 1 print and present label vs 100 on the spool to spool setting. Still getting the hang of everything…

Here is a video of it printing. This is the crazy part IMO.

Let me know if the video doesn’t play. It doesn’t seem to be working on my end…

8 Likes

How much was it?

10k new but I gambled on an eBay unit and then proceeded to transact outside of eBay to save on taxes/fees. Thankfully my 4500$ gamble paid off!

2 Likes

Yeah with the lines I’d still say maybe look up a maintenance guide for that bad boi.

Might just need the print heads cleaned or ribbon replaced?

Well within your wheel house, just pay attention the warnings about what not to touch, but should be an easy fix for you hopefully

1 Like

$4500 isn’t to bad at all… do you have to use stock media, or will it custom cut?

1 Like

Yeah so we have to use stock media as it doesn’t have a plotter, but it can run continuous media which obviously is not the same

Yes, I may actually fuck around and find out with that today and see if I can clean it up a bit.

1 Like

Yea… getting everything in a single package is tough. I want to get a reel to reel but don’t feel like spending on it, and I refuse to not have die/kiss cut.

That speed and color is great though!

3 Likes

It has been a royal pain playing with: media offsets both V and H, label width/height, image width/height, corner radius, and a slew of other settings trying to get bleed right around the edges. I’ve finally gotten it down to about the thickness of a blonde one around the edges which I am almost happy with. Our old labels were wide format that had been cut with a plotter. Problem with that was we couldn’t work spool to spool for our label applicator, and had to peel each label off of the 3’x6’ world map that it printed out

3 Likes

4x4 high gloss label full color, very little white space on the label. Same quality as the Afina buy probably a blt slower. Can’t see the vid but damn LX900 for the win if you want to save a fuckton of money:

1 Like

Been running this machine or a couple years. its a workhorse for sure!
That being said there are a TON of little items to know in order to run this with precision and accuracy.

1 Like

very difficult to get full bleed at this speed/rate. we buy media with the web still on it and then run the roll back through a slicer/web remover to get beautiful full bleed labels. your label supplier should be able to set you up with blanks however you request them.

2 Likes

Ooh that’s a really good idea! I saw on their site that you could get it with the webbing still on. What’s the cost on a webbing remover/rewinder combo? We are using a shitty Amazon rewinder at full tilt and it’s okay. I would definitely be interested in a better unit if you have recommendations. Your ink costs are very similar to mine as well. I was seeing ~3.1 cents per label but my ink costs 1$/mL with their 225mL cartridges.

2 Likes

Is the webbing just the outside part of the sticker cut out that hasn’t been removed?

@ky_cbd you had any experience with this one?

4800 dpi is pretty lit

For 3k it seems like a good deal

I already ordered for epson 15000 and silhouette though so it’ll probably be a little before I get something better

1 Like

The Epson 1500 is a fucking beast. Did you get it with DTF mods? I want to upgrade my gear to a Epson based DTF printer, and a Roland BN-20. There is no marketing/media you can’t make with that setup. From lifestyle clothing, the highest end labeling with no media. My homeboy has a converted Epson and the tshirts it makes are CRAZY looking.

Also I wouldn’t waste my money on a specialized label printer, all you need is a reel printer with another reel or rewind. You can band saw a roll into the size you want and run it through the printer. Re/wind the roll, and send it through the shilouette 4 pro(if you got that one)

2 Likes

Forgot to mention earlier. The Epson comes with ink but they are “trial size” or some shit. So maybe good to go ahead and order a full set when you can just to be ready :call_me_hand:

Look what I found on Etsy: EPSON XP-15000 Empty Chipless Sublimation/dtf Ciss Continuous - Etsy

That’s the ink hack, just make sure to not update the firmware. Your computer and the printer will bug you about it constantly so stay away from that accept update button :rofl:

1 Like

Brooo

That thing is clutch!

Gonna order one right now

My 15000 arrives today

1 Like