Lab database sop/software

Is anyone out there familiar with an easy to use Lab software. I am looking to be able to track usage of chemicals and raw materials. Obviously an excel File would work but I’m looking for something more robust and with security options to protect against false logs and unapproved editing.

4 Likes

I’ve used this before for inventory tracking. Its a PITA to get it all set up (lots of tinkering and data input) but once its set, it will auto pull inventory based off what ever production was done and put into the system for the day

4 Likes

We have been using Backbone software since last fall and been very pleased with its performance. They have a great team and customize each instance specific to the companies’ needs. We are also in the process of syncing with QuickBooks which will be a gamechanger.
B A C K B O N E :: Supply Chain Software for Cannabis & Hemp (backboneiq.com)

2 Likes

I am going to be using this software, We bought 4 used work stations with scanner, scale and label printers built in. Its an impressive tracking software that builds reports on processes, costs and labor.

I have only played with the demo and had a rep give me a presentation/demo on it so no actual on hands use yet as we havent started processing yet.

10 Likes

And, I like that team.

8 Likes

We also have a Backbone instance spun up. I wouldn’t use anything else.

3 Likes

The igwLAB from extraktLAB is a solid tracking system. Can be used for much more. You can look across your process to see where improvements can be made. It helps your operation be as efficient as possible.
We use it at Nemadji Manufacturing. Couldn’t imagine how we would do it without it.

1 Like

I sat through a demo on Backbone, and it’s certainly the best I’ve seen so far. I wasn’t looking for a solution, and really only accepted the invitation because they had a piece of hardware I needed to get my hands on.

It’s really not terribly difficult to build a good database solution, but you do have to spend time talking with the folks doing the work, and you have to actually listen. These guys seem to have gotten that part sorted, at least in the modules I looked at.

Don’t believe they got around to integrating fraction finder data into their DB, but I’m also not sure that’s even relevant anymore…

1 Like

working my way through everything Extraktlab would send me on igwLAB.

So far, it certainly looks like they understand the scope of the problem (not a given in my experience).

There does seem to be a fair amount of setup one needs to do to really get the full value, I can certainly see that being totally overwhelming for some…

2 Likes

So far I have had demos with Distru and Backbone and both are nice systems with similar qualities. Backbone was a starting fee of 2500 a month and Distru is 1000 a month. I cannot justify the difference in price for Backbone for our facility, however it is a very nice system for a larger entity I would imagine. We are looking at Flourish and a few others soon and I will update.

2 Likes

I like distru.

After reviewing it and getting to have access to it. I’d say anyone with Odoo.com could make a suitable alternative from open source tools.

It’s just an ERP but the convenience makes me interested in dropping the cost for others as well.

It would be nice if someone could make a version of it in Odoo…I would pay for it. I used to have a system that I used for a tanning salon I was running and it was built by a guy for us for $1500 and $100 anytime we needed to update with new stuff we wanted incorporated. If I could only find that guy:)

I noticed their subscription model seemed pretty pricey (maybe not as much as green taxed cannabis software, mind). Is the community version a chopped/stripped version of the enterprise version? Or is it full featured?

Their enterprise apps are stripped but plenty of free alternatives to install

1 Like

I gotcha. I just installed it, fixing to play around

1 Like

Fiverr.com search odoo custom module
https://www.fiverr.com/search/odoo
@MedicineManHempCo

Only real bitch is keeping up with their update cycles when you’re on the open source diy

I wonder what the frameworks are written in. I am always excited about OSS but then I get too lazy to learn the frameworks and actually make anything with it. Notable exception being software written using the codeigniter frameworks.

WordPress also has a nice ERP solution called WP ERP you could always make WordPress plugins to work with.

1 Like

Ooh! I currently use WP for both wholesale and retail and have pretty much based everything off of it. I’m gonna need to check that out. I haven’t played much with adding ERP capabilities to it though.

1 Like

Definitely worth the premium features like time clock / woocommerce to accounting integration hubspot crm integration

It’s a quick plugin install away for you then!