Kief to diamonds?

Was wondering how one would go about turning kief to rocks?
Would a hella quick dry-ice-cold pentane wash do the trick.
Want to use butane but seems a mess, and want to use just the kief.
Warm butane with kief in socks? Then crc?
It’s nice and smelly, wanna do something nice with it

1 Like

Water down the kief with a granular clay and pack in a column @Waxplug1 which media would you use?

2 Likes

Wouldn’t you wanna mix it with something inert then wash the solvent through the clays? Mixing the kief with the clays would give an uneven pass through the clays I think, right?

Nothing worse than a clog though.

I was thinking throwing the kief in a collection chamber to soak and siphoning the liquid butane with a dip tube could work

4 Likes

Oh yeah, I was think of maybe mixing it with some washed sand or something, then packing it in a tube. Then running crc.

The siphoning thing could work too, most dip tube don’t reach all the way down right? So you’d sorta be decanting once thing’s are settled?

Pack kief with steel wool or mix with biomass and run

2 Likes

Would you pack the steel wool first, then the kief?

1 Like

I would throw a few in material column start pouring kief in throw in a few more and keep repeating till the column is full. Don’t over pack. The wool should keep it from clogging and keep things flowing

3 Likes

@TwistedStill, wanna show us what you just did?

2 Likes

I’m sure it helps to sift your kief to get rid of chunks if you’re packing into the steel wool correct?

1 Like

Kief mixed with trim for biomass. Loaded into an OSS 10 lb tank. 1um felt, cut, lapped and wrapped. .020 304 stainless wire for my wire tie.

This allows for a butane kief slurry that you can agitate manually. Push solvent out with nitro. Fill with solvent again for another wash etc.

I also am just trying to do the best I can with what I’ve got. So sometimes a solvent tank becomes a material column…

8 Likes

It took me a minute to realize that was a dip tube haha. I was confused for second.

Looks like a good idea!

3 Likes

Sorry. I should have pointed that out.

Once the vessel gets injected with butane…I shake and roll that fucker around a bit. Pressurize the head space, squirt that tane up and out the dip tube into the CRC then collection.

4 Likes

How did it all end up working? Get some more oil out of that kief?

1 Like

It worked well. I got more oil, but there was still way more veggie matter than I had expected.

The extract is beautiful. It’s going into my next round of personal carts.

5 Likes

I was thinking of doing this with filter papers on dip tube.
Got a link for the felt?

2 Likes

https://www.dudadiesel.com/search.php?query=%2Bpolyester+%2Bsheet

1 Like

This is great.

I love it.

1 Like

You still rolling it up? The discs work fantastically and make it so a sheet lasts forever. I’m actually just running a disc once or twice and tossing it. Don’t even have to worry about the felt getting dirty anymore.

2 Likes

My rig is in a transitional phase. I’m currently rolling it at about 1.5" thick in my 3" crc.

I am going from a 6x36 collection to a 12x24. Upping to a 6" CRC.

I made a bunch of 6" filter rings. They allow me to use the felt flat just like a paper. I will be joining you soon…

3 Likes