Kief to diamonds?

I think it’s funny how many of us are up waay early lol, definitely makes the lazy stoner stereotype bs.

Nice! It’s awesome using the felt flat, making this a consumable was great.

Also, congrats on upgrading!

8 Likes

I think for non-stoners 9:30am isn’t that early lol

1 Like

Well I typed that at 550 something AM…timezones and shit…it has to do with the earths rotation and your specific placement on its circumference.

8 Likes

Haha, I know, but 6 is early for a lot of people. 6 is sleeping in for me.

Edit: it seems like that for a group of people here no matter the time zones.

Back on topic, anything you’d do different when running kief again?

1 Like

I also haven’t had my caffeine yet…so I apologize for being a prick. Dropping spoons for the timezone SOP.

I would run kief like this again for sure.

4 Likes

No apologies needed man, I wasn’t offended at all.

I know you weren’t homie.

1 Like

I think op was saying he didn’t want to water down the kief with trim. Should still work with your diptube filter tek and pure kief

3 Likes

You could try using etoh. Ethanol Diamonds?

I added trim initially to the kief, and ran one column. I thought the trim/flower would give the biomass a better chance at not clogging.

It channeled so badly I devised the dip tube/solvent tank approach.

It was born out of adversity, and photographed really quick to text the homie @FicklePickle for a show and tell since we had been discussing this previously.

I will be running straight kief next time I do this. No need to add more vegetable matter to the mix…

3 Likes

Keif/ flower mixture with a bi-flow material column ? Fill her from the bottom , soak, then blast over the top.
Funny this thread pops up today literally waiting on my tank adapter so to get this run going . Should have results by the end of the day as long as part shows up🤞

2 Likes

No worries. I think we can all agree that I should be aware of time zones by now lol. Forgive my ignorance lol

What about a column thats pegged on the inside like a price is right plinko board? The offward flow could help stop channeling and clogging by breaking up the flow into different forced paths. Might not be the exact idea but maybe a start.

1 Like

Not round pegs but diamond shaped pegs to assist flow direction.

mixed about a 1/4lb Kief to 4 lbs food processed flower came out a little gold even with crc column will see how she crashes out, will probably pour the majority for shatter.

2 Likes

What strain? :yum:

1 Like

Big ol salad mix flower = sage n sour , cherry scuffins ,sling blade
Kief sift Iv been hoarding for a year or two in the fridge = lost coast hash plant , pie crust , alien og , blue dream , mk bubble, I’m sure I for got a few, should be very hashy to say the least

2 Likes

Dank you berry much for the responses
I have an older bhogart collection with sight glass and dip tube and just gotta order some felt
But isn’t felt made from like recycled bottles? At least smart pots are
And would not that then leech into the solvent??!!

Forgot about this batch :sweat_smile: thca portion= 51g mother liquor / terp sauce = 44 g , poured shatter to thick , crashed out to 140 g cured resin… not bad for a bunch Old sift and ground material :ok_hand: smells and tastes like bubblegum. :beers:

4 Likes