Hash to distillate

why is there a graham condoner between the cold trap and collection flask ? and why is it almost horzontal, shouldnt it be on like a 45degree angle to allow things the drip and not collect ?

that one called laminar path, you use it as separate block for vapors literally works as a magnet helping to separate fractions - newest tech from Summit. They have a lot info about it. the rest all jacketed to better control the reaction, it is in 45 degrees, pictures is lil old from 1st time when I had it in Ukraine, this setup made loooong trip inside of my car)

1 Like

I think that it is a terp condenser

1 Like

Thank you @all the people that gave me a reference :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

2 Likes

Too much winterization. Dissolve in EtOH, winterize, filter.

If you want to scrub it, please don’t use carbon (personal opinion). Resuspend in a non-polar and scrub based on the color of the crude.

Additionally, if you scrub with something highly acidic or basic it is wise to neutralize the solution using liquid liquid.

Tbh I’d just winterize once and distill.

2 Likes

I mean, why exactly would one want to go from a legitimate extract into BOOF juice distillate? Hash > distilled cannabinoids

3 Likes

If the hash is good, it is much worth purifying it mechanically. :ok_hand:

My plan is to extract, winterise with methanol, liquid to liquid and the run it a few times through the still

1 Like

if i had columns nd silica , i would attempt some chromatography just to try …

im not stupid…
just and idiot with no qualifications.

2 Likes

yeah…but my guess is that when @ivanivanovich says

they are not dealing with “kief” as most folks in the US are used to.

@Roguelab certainly has experience extracting Moroccan hash, and I’m reasonably sure he doesn’t bother squishing it first.

3 Likes

may I ask why not to use carbon? it looked better usually and can I please have a reason?

Ph, or everything turns funny colours

yeah, that is the source but you can barely call it hash, it has 50% plant matter in there for sure and super fined powdered that made it hard to filter out and not to burn the unit while distilling under vac. now that is my main concern

u mean red color is after carbon scrub, I was thinking about PH actually, haven’t tested it, I should use test stripes…

2 Likes

from what i gather, you can scrub the life out of something, but if you dont set it back to neutral it will start changing colour.

1 Like

how well does that work after it’s been pressed into bricks and smuggled across international borders?

3 Likes

For the kief run

2 Likes

Test strips will only work if there’s water present.

I don’t like carbon because (especially with kief) tour extract will turn red

1 Like

anyone wants a bucket of carbon scrub?) now I understand why one of batches came out red;)

1 Like