It's Willbillytek. Duh

Only if he lied about it being 100% cannabis derived, I doubt he isolated enough of a single terpene to recrystallize multiple batches. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

OTS cold crashing tech on top

Kinda looks like the green square im the second slide when you think about it

Yea look at the first sentence in the second slide ā€œthermodynamically drivenā€

3 Likes

I really enjoy watching this process unfold and some discoveries happening in real time

8 Likes

Like Christmas. Not Christmas trees.

3 Likes

So, like eggnog and honeybaked ham? :rofl:

6 Likes

Either way, Iā€™ve never had a extract taste like Christmas :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

One of the delights at the family gathering for sure.

2 Likes

When you said that I literally thought of Christmas tree and eggnog lol

4 Likes

Citation?

6 Likes

I mean oswalt rippening is in my understanding just a common or even inherrent aspect of crystallization, at least ā€œcommon situationsā€

He does mention his own proprietary solvent or solvent blend, I think its possible to say the crystals are 100% cannabis derived if heā€™s using a terpene as a solvent, the THCA crystal that forms, especially if its just a poly, is still 100% canna derived, the solvent involved wouldnt negate that imo.

Id guess he could be protonating or deprotonating his proprietary solvent which could explain the colors, going further on the limb, he mentioned infusing flower directly for enhanced flower products, which if you used such a solvent on the pressed rosin product it could result in the solventless method of color crystals.

2 Likes

I donā€™t have the citation off the top of my head, polymorphs are patentable though

Luckily all the patents on the polymorphs of thc and cbd have expired or they could come after us for patent infringement for crystallization of patented polymorphs

Using this logic IF it is a polymorph causing the color its one thatā€™s been discovered or theyā€™d be filing patents on this :thinking:

1 Like

Iā€™ll agree that if it was a poly, that its curious they didnt go the patent route, not saying they should have, but just thought it interesting. Also, maybe they did fileā€¦

3 Likes

:man_shrugging::man_shrugging::man_shrugging::man_shrugging::man_shrugging::man_shrugging:

Wouldnā€™t that level of purity taste like absolutely nothing?

2 Likes

Apparently not.

1 Like

Usually when people do that its the first thing they mention :stuck_out_tongue: especially when interest is high!

But I left the maybe at the end because its def possible, though if it was Iā€™d also kinda expect them to leverage that to the billion dollar ltdā€™s that would throw big money at it without blinkingā€¦

2 Likes

If itā€™s 99.95% thca wouldnā€™t you think to look for what may be causing the color else where? Think about the terpenes as this would be 100% derived from cannabis as stated. What process might you be able to do to those terpenes while forming the lattice structure & still obtain a pleasant profile of the initial terpenoids without degrading them to the point of undesirable.

2 Likes

I heard they filed patents on thisā€¦

6 Likes

The question is will they get them

The fact they released these without a provisional is going to make it hard for them to protect it

Any company that really want to protect there IP doesnā€™t release something till AFTER its protected

4 Likes

Homie. My past team got a rosin press patented. Itā€™s not a question. The real question is enforcement.
Patents back date also.

2 Likes