It washes the cannabis and then it washes the cannabis some more

@Photon_noir has a rapid solution…one that my dumb “guess and iterate” ass actually managed to guess (but I’m under NDA) :shushing_face:

I imagine he’s open to selling said clue…

2 Likes

I’m always chatting with the Wizard of Wizards. He’s already taught me a lot. As soon as @MagisterChemist mentioned it I reached out to him.

I’ve done it with butane/propane and with CBD, but never started with ethanol. No time better than today I suppose.

Thanks dude!

2 Likes

If one wanted to explore this, does anyone have any recommended reading?

taguchi method book - Google Search

Or should one start with Fisher?

3 Likes

I guess it depends on how deep of a rabbit hole you want to go down.

I personally don’t have a good text on the subject, but I’m definitely looking forward to someone posting one.

One of the things that I really like about R and R modules is that they give you super helpful vignettes with every package that’s available. It makes writing R packages a pain, but it means that they’re all pretty easy to get up to speed on if you’ve got some basic statistical knowledge.

And generally when new statistical methods are published, there is an R package available, generally written by the authors of the method.

(Some people may prefer Python but you’ll have to pry my R from my cold dead hands - it’s far more robust for general statistical work in my opinion.)

Here’s the CRAN Task view for Design of Experiments which has a big list of packages available that are DOE-related.

As my variables are primarily continuous, I generally will be looking for response surfaces.

Package rsm appears to perhaps be a not bad place to start. One could definitely do worse than perusing the Response-surface illustration vignette provided with rsm.

Flipping through the popular/well maintained packages and reading the vignettes would probably be a pretty reasonable crash course in any given statistical topic.

For anyone reading this that find that the R vignettes are too advanced, starting with an intro to statistics text probably wouldn’t hurt. I’m fond of Elements of Statistical Learning but that’s probably too high level for someone completely new to stats.

Allegedly Montgomery’s Design and analysis of experiments is a good slog for theory.

And here is a good “how to get started with DOE in R” page - it discusses setting up RStudio, which is my personally preferred way to R things.

https://ifcuriousthenlearn.com/blog/2015/09/01/Industrial-Design-of-Experiments-with-r/

1 Like

To whom or what post were you directing this reply, @cyclopath ?

Aimed @symbioticad

…and he responded thusly…

1 Like

:nerd_face: :open_book: :fountain_pen:

1 Like

taguchi preferably, its mainly just how to set it up then you can really dive more into the actual analysis of the data. using this method.

:nerd_face::writing_hand::memo::gem:

Thanks! I think I know who @symbioticad is, now! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Just a nerd! lol

3 Likes

There are many ways to skin this cat: starting with a Bird Peeler turns out to be one of the better approaches…

:rofl::joy::rofl:

Used- Andritz P2000 95 Liter Vertical Peeler Cent?

3 Likes

my vfd only goes up to 400hz. will that allow me to achieve low earth orbit from a 1200mm basket?

7 Likes

i saw that shit the other day!! i friggin LOVE it. decreased reliance on fuel and thrusters would be revolutionary.

‘how does it work?’
‘well basically we just wing it the fuck up there’

can be made with other size for a personalized panda? they need to be like a donus the bag if is a spray ball is used? maybe some one can do it for me here. i uses ones thar are for beer stuff for the macerate of lupuls for doing the washes an go really well but i need and i want with handles and the form of the basket for this new proyect . @Lincoln20XX @MagisterChemist @cyclopath thanks and sorry for the call
yeaa cyclo i know that you says dont try this in a panda…but… i have an ace(not the fuge lol) up my sleeve.

You boys put the biomass at RT or freezing?, triturate the nugs?(my biomass comes with a lot of nugs). when i do the washes i dont triturat nothing and have a good yield, but now for the spray method…wel let see . i read that freezing can disturb the wall cell and liverate more unwanted stuffs
thanks

1 Like

A panda will need tied down. Which has been documented. No you don’t need a donut shaped bag, you don’t even need a bag. I switched to a simple ring of fabric in @Lincoln20XX’s 1kg prototype once upon a time. And emptied with a shop vac. Which was probably another one of those Bad IdeaTM‘s (also documented).

Chances are @Roguelab has gone further down this particular road

5 Likes

Are there any pix of the lined panda kicking around @cyclopath?

2 Likes

I bet a bag from a standard bag filter would be pretty close to working in a panda. Though I’d be shocked if someone hadn’t already tried that.

2 Likes

1kg prototype was not a panda.

Don’t see any pictures of the liner. We were using a bag (two actually) here. Almost doubled the loading by tossing the bags.

6 Likes