Isobutane vs Nbutane

Iso is my favorite thats for sure

2 Likes

I bought n butane after I ran iso. I’m running a blend now, but its N heavy. I need to get some more isobutane to get my mix back. I think it makes a nicer extract.

2 Likes

It’s like propane but with butane thca pulling power and a more workable BP lol.

I love propane minus the yeild loss and high pressures. It’s not a lot, but enough to bother me.

2 Likes

If you want to DM me I can get you some iso no prob. Or blend it up to whatever % you prefer.

3 Likes

I was just talking to the homie @FicklePickle about you…

3 Likes

Just finished a few dried/cured runs with a iso/butane/propane mix that was prolly 60% iso and the pull n snap and diamond run came out awesome. Terps were def lighter than usual. 1st time running iso heavy. I usually run butane heavy 50/25/25.
In a few days gonna run a fresh frozen jelly pie diamond run yummmmmm.

6 Likes

Good things I hope! :joy:

4 Likes

All good things bro! Been busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest getting our new flower room online. Still trying to get ahold of the Fire Marshall in regards to our previous conversation. I’ll get my ass in gear!!

8 Likes

Well that’s exciting! I heard a good one the other day–busier than a three legged cat trying to bury a turd in ice.

All good my man, look forward to chatting more whenever things settle down. Oh, and your truck should be rolling out from Texas in the morning.

2 Likes

I have read this entire thread and now i don’t know what to do…

They aell all these gases at the A/C stores down here,was thinking of running the 40/40/20 mix everyone talks about…

Any idea as to what it’s contained in the Gas LP they use in kitchens? Never you mind, I learned about ethyl mercaptane…

Great reading guys!

Thanks

most gas has odors in it so its safer if it leaks. Make sure it is non odorized

1 Like

I hear its pickle day today

4 Likes

Every extraction hydrocarbon fill plant I know of has the ability to make blends - whatever a customer wants. The most popular deal blend is 30% Pro, balance Nbut. We have some customers taking tri-blends; some butane heavy, some iso heavy; very few propane heavy.

If you get a blend and wants to make sure it was made properly, the calculations are not complicated. These low order hydrocarbons are completely miscible, and the vapor pressure of a blend is in direct proportion to the blending formula * the vapor pressure of each component. N-but = 17 psi. Iso = 31 psi. A 50/50 blend of these two will have a vapor pressure of 24. (17*.5) + (31*.5) = 24 psi.

Similar calculations with a propane component are done using 108 psi for propane. A 70 Nbut / 30 Pro calculates at (17*.7) + (108*.3) = 44.3 psi (at room temperature, of course)

6 Likes

Im trying to source thre r600 and r600a with the air conditioning people.

I wish I was in the US tho. Everything so easy to get.

2 Likes

:triumph:Fucking cnn

3 Likes

I’m PROUD TO BE AN AMerICAN…(says in deep singing voice)

Merica Whoooooooo

propane and propane accessories…

ask him this in weird half baked movie voice…you ever cooked ur beef on propane, what about propane w no stank while on weedd man.

I bet cooking my meat w clean no odor gas will be cleaner more green earth meat. say the odorant is bad for the ozone and ur naturist

that ecogreen shit foreign ain’t it

4 Likes

for those wanting to explore this more, @GasGuy-QEG is using Dalton’s law and the concept of partial pressures

4 Likes

So if I’m reading this correctly, you just take the vapor pressure of each gas, multiply it by the supposed percentage of mix, then I add each part together to get my final psi?

Edit: trying to dumb things down to my level here.

5 Likes

That is correct.

PTotal X VTotal

=
P Gas One X VGas One
+
P Ga Two X VGas Two

If you set VTotal 100%

Then you get
PTotal X 100%

=
P Gas One X percentage Gas One
+
P Gas Two X percentageGas Two

5 Likes

Applies to liquified gas also? So if I had 1 lb of propane at 110 degrees the pressure would be around 200 psi. Adding 1 lb of butane at 110 degrees (50 psi) would lower the total pressure?

1 Like