ISO Amanita Extract/Muscimol Isolate

A group I am working with is looking for Amanita Muscaria extract. Does any one have a good source?

2 Likes

Have been wanting to post about these but didn’t want to encourage anyone lol. The D8 of psychedelic mushrooms… here we go.

First encountered it at a conference in oakland awhile back, the company even had hemp joints laced with the stuff… isn’t it fairly dangerous to consume? I had fun eating a 350mg gummy but heard some horror stories. Seems like the side effects far outweigh the benefits.

Can cause delirium, loss of feeling in limbs, seizures, uncontrollable movements, feeing of flying, otherwise known as the death cap?
It’s a real bummer seeing people like that dispensary in florida that was on the news selling these to unsuspecting custys who can’t tell the difference between these and the safer, harder to access mushrooms. Somebody correct me if i’m wrong, (maybe i’ll point you towards the extract manufacturer if you do) but from what i’ve gathered these seem dangerous

3 Likes

Mushroom smoking is so 2023

What could go wrong?

6 Likes

smoking muscimol extract provided no noticeable effects whatsoever for me, 10+ years ago.

2 Likes

Not so sure this is a bad side effect lol

Broooo I’m fuckin flyinnn

2 Likes

not to be confused with thinking you can fly

5 Likes

A friend and I tried them years ago several times, they grow all over around here. There could be some gastro intestinal discomfort at higher doses. It was nothing to write home about, lol. We were kind of crazy though, we were eating datura and sniffing chloroform and other dumb stuff lol. To be young and bored :joy:

2 Likes

You need a priest and a goat or some animal that can process it . I’ll look it up, but you drink the urine I thought.

1 Like

Is Amanita Phalloides, not Muscaria.

I think it’s very bad people are trying to brand this as joints, edibles, and a valid microdosing regime, but you should get the details right, otherwise it sounds like a DARE presentation.

You simply need to decarb Ibotenic acid into muscimol.

You shouldn’t do that, but you definitely don’t need to engage in water sports.

5 Likes

Thank you @Rusty_Shackleford for setting the record straight!

The ibotenic acid naturally found in AM is neurotoxic and a pretty nasty brain lesioning agent.

However the ITA is fairly easily remediated via decarboxylation; ideally under deep vacuum or catalytically to minimize any thermal degradation of the target compound.

It does worry me however that mistakes in processing; IE, not decarbing properly, can Litterally poison and cause lasting brain damage to the consumer, most people will get it right, but inevitably someone is going to mess up a batch and it’ll still be pushed onto the consumer.

It also should be noted that most mushy ops are not running analytics so most won’t have a clue if their decarb was absolute.

10 Likes

Yeah I don’t think this will end well. Muscimol affects you like Ambien or other z-drugs. It’s very cool but it’s nothing like psilocin and is nowhere near as benign.

5 Likes

The “destroying angel” lol

Speaking of amanita muscaria, anyone remember JLF and his poisonous non consumables :joy:

4 Likes

Var pantherena is a good one

Thank you all for the education. Not sure if I want to get involved now. I can easily see someone not processing correctly and making a bad name for everyone else who is processing correctly. Not worth the risk for consumer health, brand reputation, liability and personal karma; God forbid we made a mistake and had no reliable anyalytics to ensure whether it was safe or not.

5 Likes

Imo; development of a beam style colorimetric test to determine the ITA content of material is warranted and probably pretty straightforward and easy.

I haven’t looked to see if such a process has already been developed, I wouldn’t be surprised if there had or hasent.

At the very least you can “ghetto” test for decarb by taking some material onto a spatula and heating with torch/lighter, take care to not ignite the material. If you see tiny equally sized bubbles coming from the material then you can bet that the decarb wasent absolute. This is in no way quantitative obviously.

2 Likes

New problem? New solutions. Always appreciate reading about these thoughts before they become reality.

2 Likes

Even if you decarb IBA properly to Muscimol, it’s not a pleasant experience, and there are dangers associated with the high.

People generally don’t feel much while they are awake, then the high starts when they fall asleep. Basically terrible nightmares.

And for those who do experience effects while awake, they can get caught in these thought loops where they do the same thing over & over again. Often something in the realm of self harm — like jumping off a bridge into a pile of rocks, then going back up and jumping off again, on repeat (see video)…

2 Likes

I had a decent experience from a 350mg extract gummy. Felt like i just got out of the doctors office. Some euphoria, almost dream like drunken effect, definitely issues remembering things. The high lasted probably 5-6 hours, almost had to call it a day at one point. Felt super productive didn’t get much done though. Did not feel like something I would want to do again. Just wanted to try it “for science”. Not a healthy buzz by any means. Felt like I would meet the hat man if i ate another couple gummy’s.

Made the mistake of reading this article like 20 minutes in

2 Likes

We are making the isolate with no detectable ibotenic acid, definitely a Gaba agonist when in isolate form, in nano it seems to change it and I get small visuals from it.

Isolate Muscimol.pdf (138.8 KB)
Nano Muscimol.pdf (138.0 KB)

1 Like