Is this forum a shit show? Mod Edit: Let's improve it as a community 🤙🏼

I think this stems from being lazy or ignorant. The same time you spend starting a new thread could be spent typing in the search bar. Maybe a program that checks new threads against already created so duplicate questions are not possible.

4 Likes

Hence my avatar and me repeatedly pointing out to please see avatar.

I think we all do a fine job at helping the new ppl to find the answers with clues and such

1 Like
  1. Limitations of the platform

2. Push to hard and people just post in the wrong subcategories to evade

3. @sidco keeps talking about a wiki…

4. We have a Code of Conduct. I thought I had it setup where that was the first thing you have to read

5. The spam filters here are intricate, but the real spam control is the user flag system.

Ironically, most of these things have been discussed in this thread already…

6 Likes

This one is one of my favorite shit shows ! At least it’s not a dumpster fire !

5 Likes

That asshole guy spamming his exotic carts and mold flowers for sale with phone # yesterday. Pretty sure he was flagged a bunch of time within 5min. Hopefully new members that get flagged like that can’t post anymore?

3 Likes

Yup, it’s a fairly complex system based on time active, total number of posts, total number of flagged posts, etc.

5 Likes

I thought edge was a joke. People actually use that?!?

Unfortunately this seems to be a issue on all types of forums. Whether it’s laziness or people simply just want to see their threads responded too. Especially when something is gaining popularity like our industry, so many new comers each week seeking knowledge and wanting it immediately. Go on any popular fishing forum and you’ll see the same thing. You’ll notice a “change/life cycle” in posters as they are on forums longer. First everyone is happy to help and meet new people and see how they do, once that phase is over they post less but in more in depth topics while clicking with the people on their same level. Then comes the “why can’t people use the search function phase”. Everyone seems to end up there lol. Usually post counts drop or they just get stupid again like they just joined. It’s the forum cycle.

3 Likes

What’s the platform built on @Future? If there’s a plug-in architecture I’d be happy to write it.

Totally know I was regurgitating some of what other people wrote. Just wanted to write what I thought would make it less of a shit show.

Discourse

heh, never would have guessed that one. I used this tool ages ago. So there’s a similar topic popup when creating but from what I read it’s not great.

not sure if you’ve seen it in action?

Bump

Be part of the solution, not the problem.

Flag bad behavior when you see it.

14 Likes

why can I never like anything anymore. Im on like restrictions lol

6 Likes

I dont know. I’m the like king apparently.
Lol

Did you exceed your daily like allowance?

4 Likes

Yea but it tells me this everyday. @Killa12345 said I can still like things but its not true

I just liked your comment for example

4 Likes

bro, nobody cares if you like anything. Clearly we don’t value your opinion lol

Fucking about aside, can you literally not like anything or do you just keep hitting the limit?

3 Likes

I always hit the limit. Everyday haha. Must be pretty low limit

5 Likes

Lol. That’s funny

2 Likes

Guy just has too much love to give

6 Likes

Regular get 50 likes a day I think

4 Likes