Internal Journal: Future's Pesticide Remediation Tek

@DrJosh You mentioned you were busy last week and would get back to us by Thurs of last week with more info…

@DrJosh

I can’t speak for any one else, but I’m certainly waiting to hear why you would claim

we actually have a procedure that gets rid of all pesticides in THC

It’s an impossible claim to verify, and making it twice does you no favors. ALL Pesticides include herbicides, miticides, fungicides and insecticides and will likely number tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands of compounds.

Even backing off to

We treated California material and the material was contaminated by pesticides that California is concerned with. I believe the list is 300 but I could be wrong

without having spiked each and every one of them onto cannabis seems rather caviller.

If you’ve done so, I’d like to hear about it. If you haven’t, I’d like to hear another justification for making such bold claims.

this is a pesticide remediation thread, so I doubt anyone is waiting for pictures of your wiped film units.

1 Like

I apologize for my terminology and semantics. Please be kind as I am still learning the “proper and best” way to state things on this thread and this format is very new to me. I apologize for the confusion in my terminology and words and will make every effort in the future to make any statements I write in the future better suited to this media. Again this is new to me so please understand that. I am here to provide information, help others and give a little feedback on what I do. I am not looking to instigate any verbal conflicts. I will try to provide you a list of pesticides I have worked with in the procedure to remove. The cannabis was tested before and after the procedure to determine the pesticide content. I apologize also for the delay. It has been very busy with new orders coming in and on site installations. I realize you are looking or more timely responses but as soon as I can find the time I will try to respond to your inquiries on this. Thank you for your patience.

Edit: (&^%(#@!&)(#@/ meant this as a private message. but it serves as is, so I’ll let it stand.

This isn’t about shaming someone who is legitimately trying, and there are lots of users on here whose grammar, spelling, word choice, typing and logic skills are way worse than yours. we’ve given up correcting those guys…but you’ve got a PhD, so I at least am holding you to a higher standard. you’re also a vendor. I want to be able to trust vendors, especially equipment vendors. so again, held to a higher standard. everything you say will be scrutinized. so look at it critically, and if need be, go back and edit it. when you post links to your website, there needs to be something there. last time I looked, yours looked pretty barren.

if you wish, you can see how harsh ghettoyellow was on the subject by looking at the edit history on his post. I believe he was encouraged to edit it. he was banned again for making personal attacks.

when you say “the cannabis was tested before and after…” one might read that as you are stating the ability to remove pesticides from flower. Elsewhere you have said “remove all pesticides from THC…” which might imply your technique applies to only isolate or distillate, or can’t be applied to hemp. Not all of these things are true.

Can you please give a description, or pictures of before & after COA’s, that define for us what was and, was not removed from which matrices?

1 Like

@cyclopath You say “harsh”, I say, “I just speak my mind truthfully.”

You say “personal attacks”, I say, “I call it like I see it.”

Stop peeking at my edit history damnit.

3 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Ghettoyellow anti-censorship thread

Hey y’all… before I actually sign my NDA later this week, I can still talk very little about my R&D findings. I will not give out free info on methods/equipment. My team has put forth over 7 figures on this project, and It needs to start making us $.

Anyways, I can do almost every pest, on the list of California pesticides, other than Permethrin, Pyrethrins and PBO. I am finishing some work on methods for those 3 pests, and by the end of July we will hopefully be able to offer remediation of those pests too.

This is all using very dialed in methods, combination of different forms of LLE, flash/column chromatography using various phases and solvent systems, and other proprietary filtration techniques.

I am not going to go more in depth. We plan to just offer legal/licensed toll remediation services in California (I don’t mind expanding though), but this info is NOT cheap at all… :upside_down_face:

Quickest on IG
@thenaturalengineer

3 Likes

Hey so I successfully removed myclobutinil using ph adjusted (no saline) water washes and magsil pr. I’ve been curious but haven’t had the time to experiment further…which stage is more effective in removing myclo? Have you done isolated tests using only saline washes and tests only using mag-sil chromatography?

1 Like

@future’s tek is for distillate.

any suggestions for separating abamectin from high CBD crude? wasn’t planning on going to distillate, at least I wasn’t before running into this issue.

I figure saline washes against crude in hexane at a min.

From what I understand it is more advantageous to remediate 1st pass distillate rather than crude because some pesticides carry over with the terps when distilling. You’d most likely be dealing with less ppms if you remove terps. Boiling point of abamectin is 155C so some would likely come off in de-vol pass. Also abamectin is soluble in acetone, methanol, isopropanol and toluene. If you redissolve crude in acetone and recover it would probably pull some out of oil.

1 Like

that is also my understanding…hence

My cannabinoids are also soluble in all of those solvents. I would not expect just dissolving in solvent then recovering to achieve any reduction in ppm. unless you’re suggesting abamectin will go with the evaporating solvent, which seems unlikely to me (not a chemist).

2 Likes

I’m not a chemist either but I was told by one that we can reduce piperonyl butoxide and other organic solvent loving pesti by using this method.

I was curious if this remediation method would work on Spinosad and Malathion? Thanks in advance for any insight.

They are both water soluble so brine wash should help a lot, then Magnesium Silicate chromatography to finish. @Dee333

2 Likes

I would expect partitioning, chromatography, or ab/adsorption to be required to significantly reduce the pesticide load.

I guess they might partition into the vapour phase, but I’m dubious…

2 Likes

Anyone peek at this before?
https://www.epa.gov/sites/production/files/2015-12/documents/3620c.pdf

All solvents should be pesticide quality or equivalent. Solvents may be degassed prior to use.
7.10.1 Diethyl ether, C2H5OC2H5 – Must be free of peroxides as indicated by test strips (EM Quant, or equivalent). Procedures for removal of peroxides are provided with
the test strips. liter of ether.
After cleanup, 20 mL of ethyl alcohol preservative must be added to each
Pentane, CH3(CH2)3CH3
Hexane, C6H14
Methylene chloride, CH2Cl2
Acetone, CH3COCH3
Petroleum ether (boiling range of 30 - 60 °C) Toluene, C6H5CH3
2-Propanol, (CH3)2CHOH

Maybe chasing brine pHs isn’t the solution, but multiple florisil passes with a sequence of various solvents?

2 Likes

i think your on to something here!

Google… Solvation Effects…
Something I didn’t NDA, YET…

The smart ones will research (need to do a TON of R&D like I did, spending lots on different solvents for said R&D) and choose to either tell the dumb/lazt ones or wisen up a little bit and not…

You’ll all thank me later.

Thanks to the homie application specific chemist who introduced me to this term… last year :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::wink:

Left most of ya’ll in the dust now :man_shrugging:

Catch up if you can!!! :sunglasses:

6 Likes

supa critical sounds promising

We gotta make you shirts that say “(post withdrawn by author will be automatically deleted in 72 hours unless flagged)”

What’s the hottest and deepest under vacuum anyone has steamed a crude oil or distillate?
(steam - aka water vapor)

1 Like

As long as I stay on top of the tech of the day when it comes to distillate yields and purity, I’m not too worried about the latest “tek” on pesticide remediation, as I ultimately have no desire in general to work with contaminated input product. However, there is of course natural curiosity of cleaning a product as best as possible, the desire to turn trash into something worthwhile by removing as many impurities as possible, and it is probably a good resume builder as well (LOL).

I do expect sweeping changes in the next few years as far as pesticide controls for grows and/or proprietary vertically integrated businesses with their own protocols on what they can spray and how to remove it later on.

But as has been previously stated, this applied science is currently specific to cannabis, as there are no requirements for third-party verified pesticide testing for our food crops. There should be, but its not happening yet.

2 Likes