Infusing food sugar with bho/oil

Could you use the same method for this as making the infused sugar? Aka cyclodextrins + THC oil + is, blend, and evap?

That is the first approach i would try.

Although I’d probably have to spend a couple of hrs reading before pushing go.

It’s been a while since I read up on it, and I’ve never tried it.

1 Like

Could you not just use a normal homogenizer? Very interested in this habanero honey sticks!!

Would you please DM me that recipe? TIA

that is dependent on the definition of “normal” and on desired batch size.

certainly the high shear homogenizer I had on hand at the time was not appropriate for 5gal of honey.

yeah, the habanero honey sticks were awesome!!
no idea why they never went to market.

I’m not sure anyone else was adding them to their coffee…

3 Likes

I dont own one of those cat scientific Hamaginizer yet. How many gallons of honey do you reckon the biggest cat could plow through and how long would that take to accomplish?

dunno.

these things work quite well for a 5gal bucket of crude.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IXXSWLE

1 Like

Have you prepared the inclusion complex by yourself? What method did you used back then?

“A THC-9 concentration of about 14 mg/mL was reached by using 24% (~0.2 M) Me-β-CD solution, which amounts to an increase in solubility of four orders of magnitude”

I started to dive deeper into the topic of cyclodextrins. Co-evaporation seems to be the best choice to get THC into the cyclodextrin molecules. A lower pH also increases the complexes solubility.
So far I tested beta-CD and gamma-CD, unfortunately without great success.
A minimum of THC was dissolvable with beta-CD, but with gamma-CD, it seems that it only “sticks” onto the CD and becomes lumpy.
In a saturated solution, both inclusion complexes seemed to completely fall out of solution within a short time. Did you experienced the same?

Next ones will be hydroxypropyl beta CD and methyl beta CD

1 Like

A speed mixer will get the job done…

This abomination is ~160mg/g in “bubblegum” flavored sugar sold for making cotton candy.

5 Likes