Infusing food sugar with bho/oil

When I hold that stuff under my tongue the area becomes pretty hashy. You ever get a sticky spot?

It gets a bit numb for me but I haven’t noticed that, I’ll pay more attention next time to see

@KSlabs doesn’t the maltodextrin cause the oil to be water soluble?

Do you know any processes of any “proper emulsions” to make the oil and concentrate water soluble?

maltodextrin is water soluble.

so it goes into solution, and drops your oil.

what are you actually trying to achieve?

THC in a glass of water?
…but it has to start as a powder?

Can we explore why?

I understand not wanting to huff your meds, although your handle is definitely sending mixed signals on that…but why a powder?

what is so special about it being water soluble?
what exactly are you going to mix it into?

4 Likes

the problem occurs where the user of the infused sugar mixes it with water, the oil will begin to float to the surface. You can make a powder, but to make a powder that creates an emulsion without a homiginizer is a task. If your goal is to dissolve it in water in then end, just make a syrup of sorts.

1 Like

Have you thought about making a tincture, either from vegetable glycerin, or apple cider vinegar? I’d reccomend the slow soak method, I let mine go for a whole year and then filtered into new product, waited 6 months, filtered to new again, 3 months more soak, filtered and bottled- I make lemonade/juices, add a squirt of tincture to each jar and cap it. You could always just use tincture to soak your sugar, allow to dry and crumble it…

So same method just use bho and decarb first
GD=green dragon Another Tincture Thread - Try it, You'll like it | Page 464 | Grasscity Forums - The #1 Marijuana Community Online

1 Like

Would an agave syrup do?

as ingredient in a syrup it would.

2 Likes

@Cody @Cryo13 Would this dried sugar be able to be absorbed into the mucus membranes in my nose? I want a very very fast onset high like dabs, I’m thinking drinking droplets of the tincture would induce that “edible high” that I’m really not found of.

Typically how fast is the onset for a well made tincture? And is it similar to an edible high?

Snorting it isn’t going to deliver faster than smoking- smoking remains the fastest delivery method. Sublingual application absorbs faster and hits harder than swallowing as it’ll absorb under your tongue and go right into your bloodstream, bypassing your liver… effects felt within 15-30 minutes. if you eat it, onset time is increased and effect decreases. Snorting allows the substance to absorb in the same way to sublingual- but you’ll only irritate your nose when you could just hold the tincture under tongue. If you did snort it, the onset would not be sped up.

1 Like

Whats a good recipe/ratios for a THC sublingual solution? I’m assuming it has to be water soluble.

Tinctures are perhaps the oldest known method of herbal extraction and preservation. You can use alcohol- higher the proof the better. Vegetable glycerine and vinegar can also be used. Each medium has its benefits and drawbacks. Be sure to decarb your material first, and I’d reccomend doing a cold water rinse for a few days to draw out pigments/saponins - I use a gallon of solvent and a pound of herb for my recipe. You could just divide that down to workable levels if you’re doing a run smaller than that. Lots of methods use heat to speed up the process, but the best ones I’ve made have been at room temp for a very long time. Most people fail at the cold method bc they don’t leave it nearly long enough. Alcohol picks up the cannabinoids the fastest, glycerin tasts great though. Thats what I use to make my gummie bears.

an ounce of flower to 1cup grain alcohol or veg. Glycerin would be my recipe but with smaller amounts.

Might want to look up green dragon if you’re not familiar- but again, I’m an advocate for the cold soak method.

Use the recipe i dm’d you with the mint extract.

actually tried this and it worked (;

The solubility of THC-Cyclodextrin complex is insufficient for the formulation of most products. In one study, they developed a water soluble complex by the addition of 25 parts RM-Betacyclodextrine to one part THC - or 400 parts of the popular 2-HP-Betacyclodextrin. I myself was able to make a beverage by truly dissolving dry RMB-CD - THC complex. I got about 5mg dissolved in a 12 oz bottle and couldn’t get it any farther than that.

According to Sigma-Aldritch, a 40% RMB-CD solution in water can dissolve 2mg/ml of THC. So you could make a beverage hitting those high medical numbers, I suppose – if you are down to drink half cyclodextrine which does not taste very good. Even if you make a syrup, complex will start dropping out if you try and dilute it. I’ve had much better luck with the nanoemulsion approach.

2 Likes

What is the onset time?

So if its “residual” you’re good Haha what a loophole

Idk about that though, it sounds like the alphabet boys would hate that

1 Like

would you remember what the name was by any chance ?

Speedmixer, I believe.